So I have a question for everyone that uses Tether. I am contemplating getting it, ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

rsammon977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    219DFA34

Help from people using Tether

Advertisement

So I have a question for everyone that uses Tether. I am contemplating getting it, but I want to know, is it faster than using the feature built in to 5.0.1 BBDM? I have no use for the advantage of "tricking" my data plan, as I do not have unlimited, I have 6GB and and that does include tethering. However, if there's a possibility of an increase in speed, then I may look into it. Thanks for all your help.
    Go Bold or Go Home!

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    I don't Tether often but I heard it is supposed to give you faster speed. So this is my unofficial way of saying it does. Every forum I've read has testimonials saying the speed is faster

PIN/ID
    219DFA34
    well, I guess i'll get the trial and find out for myself........i just hate doing the trial thing cause you never know what they limit....
    Go Bold or Go Home!

dakid2k6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I can tell you personally it was slower for me. I bought it and used it. And turns out when I go to download the same song from the same site, one using teather on the laptop and the other using my phone to store it on my phone. My phone downloaded the same song from the same site in half the time.

PIN/ID
    219DFA34
    thats because, depending on what kind of content you're after, the phone will get faster speed because it cuts through alot of the other garbage the computer has to put up with. I'm talking about comparing the speed of tethering using tether compare to the speed you get using the IP modem feature in Blackberry Desktop Manager.
    Go Bold or Go Home!