well i finally got my web service on my 8120 working now my problems is ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

qadir no está en línea Stack level 1

Help Downloading 3rd Party Apps

Advertisement

well i finally got my web service on my 8120 working now my problems is my face book and other apps pushes me to a download page when i try to dl i get a message that says
    "the IT policy doesnot allow downloading of third party apps "
    how can i get past that

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    are you using a company BES for your internet and email? or did you buy your device second hand?

if its the first option, then your company's IT policy is restricting the 3rd party apps and there's no way to get around it... if its the second option, then you can get rid of IT policy and we can walk you through that process...

good luck and let us know...
    i see RED...

qadir no está en línea Stack level 1
    i bought my unit second hand and its not a company BES

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I did a little research and found this-
    By the way, this method is for those that do not wish to use the 4.5 beta OS and only wish to get rid of the red lock or IT Policy until the official 4.5 OS. This method uses the beta OS...but then you revert it back to whatever your original OS version was.

Before going through this process, make sure you have the ability to download your current OS.

So here it goes:

-Completely remove current DM (desktop manager) and make sure the policy.bin file is also completely gone.

-Reinstall the newest version of DM.

-After finding (on your own or outside of PinStack) and downloading the 4.5 beta os for your specific device, save the install file to the location of your choosing. DO NOT INSTALL OS YET.

-Backup your BB the exact way it is now using DM.

-After you have created the backup, proceed to remove the SIM card and memory card if you have one.

-Replace battery into your BB, allowing it to boot up entirely but DO NOT CONNECT TO PC YET.

-Find and delete vendor.xml file. It is easier to use your PC's search feature to find it.

-Install 4.5 beta os...during the process it will ask you if you would like to backup..DO NOT. You already backed up your BB in the beginning of this process.

-After 4.5 os has finished installing, check off start DM and click finish.

-Once DM is running, now connect your BB to the PC.

-After your BB is recognized, load JL_Cmder 1.9.0.

-When JL_Cmder is running, select Resettofactory and allow it to wipe your handheld.

-After the reset and wipe is complete, disconnect your BB and allow it to boot up.

-Continue to remove/uninstall 4.5 beta os from your PC.

-Find and delete vendor.xml file.

-Install your original OS that you had before 4.5 onto your PC.

-Once original OS is back on your PC, reconnect your BB.

-Run application loader, it will prompt you if you want to downgrade. Select whatever option is yes. DO NOT BACK UP DURING THIS PROCESS, again.

-Once your original OS is back on your BB, continue to restore your device with the backup you created at the beginning of this walkthrough.

-Do a battery pull or softreset.

You should now have no IT Policy or red lock on your firewall.

I
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I found this on PS, I forgot to mention that the steps should be the same exept disregard the parts about beta

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    ^^^ thanks for the cover...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~