Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

[quote=trapster]Eddie, you mention above that it got the GPS location OK. Has it worked since? ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

BklynEddie no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3089BE1A

Re: Have you guys seen this .. Trapster

Advertisement

[quote=trapster]Eddie, you mention above that it got the GPS location OK. Has it worked since? Strange - I haven't seen intermittent behavior on any phone (i.e. either it's worked or not).

Yes it did work that day and I just tried it again and it worked. But that is me just sitting outside and not moving. And it took about 5 mins to get my location. But the other day when it didn't work I was in my car and moving, so maybe that made a difference and that's why I couldn't get a location. Also Is there anyway you can speed up the locator, seems like it takes a while to find your location. I think if it was faster, it would be easier to add the info and location. Or do I have to pull over, lets say at a red light camera location and wait for the location to load? It would be nice, if while I was waiting for that red light camera light to turn back to green, I can just hit the track wheel and click on the report red light camera and I'd be on my way when the light was green and the info would be reported to Trapster.
    I don't know how the insides of BBs or there programs work, so that's why I ask.

trapster no está en línea Stack level 2

Unfortunately there's nothing I can do to change how fast the BB gets the location. There is literally an API call "getLocation()". Now you know all about how to get the location on a BB.

Are you in a city with tall buildings around? My 8800 is always right on the money, and gets the loc instantly. The Sprint 8703e got the location quickly too, and that one even worked pretty well indoors.

Zoom on the line of red light cam traps by San Diego. I punched all those in while moving at the speed limit, and they are all pretty close.

You should leave Trapster running. Otherwise you won't get alerts. Just press the red hangup button and it runs in background. You should plug into charger on long trips so it doesn't run the battery out.

alin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31a241a4

looks like a pretty cool app

Crackberry503 no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks for the find. Do you know if it will work on the blackberry 8100?

harishv79 no está en línea Stack level 1

sounds coool... but am not able to sign up at all! it returns a script error!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crackberry503
    thanks for the find. Do you know if it will work on the blackberry 8100?
    What carrier, and is that a Pearl? Basically it just needs GPS and to be "unblocked" (for example Verizion blocks the GPS even on 8800).

Quote Originally Posted by harishv79
    sounds coool... but am not able to sign up at all! it returns a script error!!!
    Oops, sorry - what browser? Can you send me the error? (you can't use BB browser - must use IE, Firefox, etc.)

I just created a new version of Trapster for TMobile BB. Can someone try it out for me?

It should work on the 8800 and any BB with GPS (not Pearl/Curve). It's at www.trapster.com/tmt41.jad You will need to create an account at Trapster.com using IE, Firefox, etc. first, or just use this test account when the mobile client prompts you (this won't work on Web site): uname tmtest, passwd tmtest

Very much appreciate the help. Thanks.
    Last edited by trapster; 10-15-2007 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Automerged.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Will it work with a BT GPS puck?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

That's great I've seen some many people get flashed when they run over the red light.
    Well I wouldn't want to mess around with the police.
    ~posted via opera mini~

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    Will it work with a BT GPS puck?
    According to what I just read, yes, the Java LocationProvider() class should look for Bluetooth devices if there is no native GPS. In order to test that, I would need to get a BlackBerry that does *not* have GPS, and the puck -- man this can get expensive!

If you have one can you try it for me?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123