i know there is not a lot of healthcare people on these boards but has ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

joe allen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32b09853

Has anyone used this?

Advertisement

i know there is not a lot of healthcare people on these boards but has anyone used MCS Health drug reference guide. we are looking for an alternative to ePocrates which is a drug reference guide for palm and windows mobile.

http://www.mcshealth.com/index.php?o...tpage&Itemid=1

there is an issue with their digital certificate so i can't order it. i just wanted to know if it is good enough to contact the company and order over the phone.
    Joe - 8703
    "Blackberryland is a much happier place than Palmville"

bbkbkb no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    send PM

Re: Has anyone used this?

Contact them and ask if they are a RIM alliance member. If not I would ask for a trial version 1st.

DocGo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me

I have tried this and found another software that is a better alternative to epocrates...LexiComplete (from the makers of Lexi drugs). They have a BB version. I am using it in my BB8100 now and it works very well.
    8900-user
    DocGo

joe allen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32b09853

i didn't see any offer of a free trial. do you know if they offer one?
    Joe - 8703
    "Blackberryland is a much happier place than Palmville"

malcriado no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30505e13

Quote Originally Posted by DocGo
    I have tried this and found another software that is a better alternative to epocrates...LexiComplete (from the makers of Lexi drugs). They have a BB version. I am using it in my BB8100 now and it works very well.
    how is the drug searches? i know there is blackberry drug database you can get on Handango.com but it was horrible, not that much info given, no pill identifier, and everytime you searched for a brand it would always tell you to go to the generic name, (even though the med was only brand and generic was not made at the time) which i found extremely annoying, especially when you want to compare brand and generic, you didnt have that choice. the lexi.com one seems to let you have a trial run but you still have to purchase and then cancell before the 30 days which i'm not to fond of doing. if you can elaborate a little more that would be GREAT!!

thanks

DocGo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me

OK. Here goes....
    Easy to use. Just type in drug (generic or brand name is fine...includes Canadian brands). It also has the drug interaction databases and Lexi-lab and diagnostics databases which is cool. My only minor gripe is that because the application tried to update everytime you open it...it might slow you down a few seconds before you can actually do the search. I have asked the makers of the application to consider switching off the autoupdate or at least make it more of a option for users (option to update every week, etc. or manually, instead of trying to do that everytime you open the app).
    The only way to really know how good it will work for you is to download and try it out yourself. I would definitely choose this over MCS or A-Z Drug index (Mobibook version).
    8900-user
    DocGo