Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I downloaded the trial version, installed it on the BB, but it is asking for ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

TNgal22 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Question Handango Trial download...Accuweather

Advertisement

I downloaded the trial version, installed it on the BB, but it is asking for a registration code, however, I didn't get one. Anyone know how to get a registration code for a trial version? I got the d/l straight from Handango so I would think they would have it listed or at least sent to me after the download. I just got an email thanking me for trying it, this is a day after I d/l it. It had a header at the top, Unlock your trial download but when I click it, it just takes me to Handango's website, no registration code. I look under my account and trial d/l but there is nothing there but to buy or re-d/l.

Any suggestions? I did email them last night but probably won't hear back from them until sometime next week. I have used Accuweather before on other non BB devices and like the app but I want to make sure it is the same quality before I spend the $ on it.

Thanks in advance!

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Handango Trial download...Accuweather

Just a thought... but why download and pay for something that is free online through your BB? Accuweather forecasts, radar and such is free online via wap.

PIN/ID
    just ask

Because I like to have the app icon readily available. I am a little paranoid when it comes to the weather so I want to get to the radar as fast as I can. When you almost lose a sister when a F4 tornado rips through her double wide with no warning but a few seconds, you will paid to have the weather at your finger tips in seconds.

Sorry to hear that but one way to solve it is to set Accuweather as your browsers home page, then you have the icon and are at their page when the browser opens. Give that a try.

PIN/ID
    just ask

Thanks, I will try that. I have the Weather Bug now but the radar is not very good, kinda blurry.

It was last year but she broke alot of bones including her back. Thankfully she is alive and doing great. She was half a hair from being paralyzed.

Glad she is doing good.

Accuweather is a very good source for the weather. I use it all the time and have found the radar and forecast to be probably the best. My job is traveling and working on jobsites building roads so weather and forecasts are very important.

PIN/ID
    just ask

It do like Accuweather. I had it on my old phone and loved the radar and alerts it provided. My Cast is pretty good too but so far only the Weather Bug is offered for the BB but I found Accuweather was listed on Handango site yesterday.

James80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31955D4A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~That must be the premium version of accuweather. On my phone I have accuweather pushed to my bb and includes an icon on the main page. When I click on it it takes me to the five day forecast and I can also view radar as well. I just went to blackberry home page and then push services/weather. Hope this helps and sorry for your sis, weather is so unpredictable these days.

PIN/ID
    just ask

Thanks I will check that out. And yes, it is the Premium, V3.

The Push Sevice did not work for me. It would not find my location, I even tried the city closest to us. Oh well, thanks for the tip though. Didn't know about it.
    Last edited by TNgal22; 12-08-2007 at 10:50 PM.

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i can't remember what I was using for weather a few days ago.. LOL! But now I use accuweather and I love it.

PIN/ID
    just ask

Did you buy the app or just go the mobile site?

Quote Originally Posted by James80 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~That must be the premium version of accuweather. On my phone I have accuweather pushed to my bb and includes an icon on the main page. When I click on it it takes me to the five day forecast and I can also view radar as well. I just went to blackberry home page and then push services/weather. Hope this helps and sorry for your sis, weather is so unpredictable these days.
    The problem with the push weather service is it will not fit tngal22 needs, it only pushes the email once or twice a day. In the case given, rapid current weather is what is needed and I still think the fastest will be a browser home page. Even setting the home page to the radar page maybe...

PIN/ID
    just ask

Ok, silly question, how do I set my home page.

open browser > menu > options > browser configuration > scroll down and add the page you want

PIN/ID
    just ask

Got it, Thanks!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast