so on my quest to find the best programs for a BB w/out a data ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

The0utkazt no está en línea Stack level 2

Question GWhiz.. Specifically GFlash (pretty cool ap)

Advertisement

so on my quest to find the best programs for a BB w/out a data plan, ive come across the GWhiz applications in the download section.

Im not as interested in the graphing calculator, but the GFlash (flash card trivia game) is actually pretty cool. Definately a game to learn stuff with, like the states and capitals, english vocab... and quite alot of others...

but since i have no data plan, i cant figure out a way to put new sets of flash cards into my application... Their website lets you download the flashcard sets onto your PC, but no way to get them into the game that i can find....

Is their a back door way into applications where i could drop off a couple files... or any ideas?

summerhowell no está en línea Stack level 3
    I know that you can create flash card through Google Docs. I think you can then transfer them to the program. Not too sure, haven't had the chance to try.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

John_S no está en línea Developer

Loading gFlash+ flashcards without a data plan

Thank you for the feedback!

We just recently released a version of the application that allows you to load flashcard sets with the BlackBerry Desktop Manager using your home computer. We have detailed instructions on our website at http://www.gwhizmobile.com/Site/DesktopMgr.html. Essentially you will use Google Documents to create the flashcards, share them through the gWhiz Catalog to get them into the format that works on the phone, then download them to your phone with a USB cable and Desktop Manager.

If you have a data plan, these are functions you can do over the air directly from the gWhiz Catalog or from your own Google Documents account.

Also, when you download the new version of gFlash+, you will receive our new reference application gRef. gRef allows you to carry reference information with you on your phone so it's always at your finger tips. gRef is great for carrying along lists of computer commands, recipes, language guides, etc.

If you have questions or feedback, please contact us at info@gWhizMobile.com

Thanks again!

The0utkazt no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks a bunch John. ill check it out asap... this could be an excellent study thing for school!

Man! where would i be without pinstack! gotta love it