Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Will Gtalk work without BB data plan. If so, can you please explain how. I ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

makedonce no está en línea Stack level 1

gtalk

Advertisement

Will Gtalk work without BB data plan. If so, can you please explain how. I have the service books, but still cant connect.
    thanks

c0rinne no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240C94BF
    You need a data plan to use data.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Unless you have WiFi then yes, you will need to have a data plan. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Carter View Post
    Unless you have WiFi then yes, you will need to have a data plan. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have wifi and cant seem to connect via Wi-FI. Also, I have a data plan, but its a generic one. No BB data plan. And I still cant get it to work.
    Any suggestions?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    makedonce,
    Please update your profile with basic info such as device type, carrier, general location, etc. and provide details regarding what your data plan is and specifically what you have done to attempt to connect to wi-fi and what your results have been. The more specific you are in your description the better the chance of getting a quality answer.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    makedonce,
    Please update your profile with basic info such as device type, carrier, general location, etc. and provide details regarding what your data plan is and specifically what you have done to attempt to connect to wi-fi and what your results have been. The more specific you are in your description the better the chance of getting a quality answer.
    Done as requested:

I have 8320 T-mobile branded and unlocked beeing used on T-mobile Macedonia. It came with Gtalk pre-installed. Since t mobile macedonia does not BB plans, i just use the regular data for opera, and gmail.
    Since i have gtalk, i would like to use it, however, when i try to log in, it just says connecting. This happens when I try connecting both via Wi-fi and using the generic data plan.
    I have found and installed the following service books:
    BBFS1(keynego)
    BBFS1(BBIM)
    However, i do have other service books which i can install from back ups.

Thanks in advance

I don't use Gtalk and I don't know anything about service book association. Can you do some detective work to see if you can isolate the problem. Here's a site that might offer some help on Gtalk.

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the application? If you can't get that one to work how about trying another messaging application to see if you can connect to that. A good international one is ICQ - download here. Also AIM, MSN, or Yahoo Messenger.

One of those might be worth a try just to see if you have a connect to ANY msg service. I hope that helps - I'm guessing.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

I will check and let u know if it works...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I can assure you that the BlackBerry data plan is needed to connect to any messengers currently. I lost my access to the BIS last week during Ike and couldn't connect to anything on WiFi alone.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I can assure you that the BlackBerry data plan is needed to connect to any messengers currently. I lost my access to the BIS last week during Ike and couldn't connect to anything on WiFi alone.
    This user has a data plan - just not a BIS plan. Surely the message services work on OTHER data plans as well as BB data plans.

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    im pretty sure that you have to use the BB data plan in order for it to work

Not that this is relevant but my brother has a nokia N80 and he is able to connect to different messengers using WiFi. So I would say that a BB can do that also. Perhaps checking the application permission could make it work. Maybe it is not allowing network access.. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I think that he is saying that he has Tzones through tmo but not the bb data plan and I dont think you can use the msgr with tzones but correct me if im wrong

I don't even know what Tzone is. Lol ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tzones is just like a basic internet for just a regular phone like a Razor or something like that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast