Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Originally Posted by SHAPE Hello, You can learn more about firewall/IT policy here http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=84 and ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

dbellirv no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by SHAPE View Post
    Hello,

You can learn more about firewall/IT policy here http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=84 and here http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...d.php?p=739627

BR.
    Thank you for your quick replies, they help solve the problems quickly.

I have tried installing the new IT Policy as well as the firewall options, but I still have the same problem.

I cannot manually upload my tracks as I cannot even get to that step. As soon as I click "start" the error message comes up to the track doesn't even begin.

Any more suggestions would be much appreciated.

... still looking forward to using GPSed on my next hike!

SHAPE no está en línea Developer
    Dear users,

Please update GPSed mobile application to v. 0.962 BETA at http://gpsed.com/mobile or OTA at wap.gpsed.com.
    The issue with uploading tracks from Memory Card, saying "OK" but not displaying on the site was fixed.

Thanks and regards,
    Irene
    Victoria
    Head of QA & Customer Care
    SHAPE Services

ohad_129 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    237be374
    which areas it cover ?
    is he world wide
    thx
    eli

BklynEddie no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3089BE1A
    Did the upgrade and now the OTA uploading the tracks to web site works great.
    After doing the upgrade I got a "connection error", so I had to run the autoconfigurator in the setting and had no problem.
    Thanks for the fix.

BTW is there anyway to add something
    like a pause button or something. Say you are running a track and
    you will be at one point for period of time, you can hit the pause
    while you are there. And when you are ready to resume you can
    start the same track up. I know we can exit the program and then
    restart it using the same track, as it is now. But I think a pause or something like that might be easier/faster, then exiting and restating the program.
    Just a thought.
    Needed to get a replacement 8330 Curve again, so I got a New pin and it's in my profile... Got 8330m now!

nimocone no está en línea Stack level 3
    The program is working fine for me but I have a question: How do you delete a track from your memory card and from the device's memory?

Quote Originally Posted by ohad_129 View Post
    which areas it cover ?
    is he world wide
    thx
    eli
    Eli, when you record your track you do not require any network coverage. In this mode application works completely offline. You should select Manual Upload Data mode to be able to send collected positioning data in convenient time, e.g. when WiFi network is available. Or you can get the recorded file with a track from the mobile device and upload it manually to GPSed.com web-service.
    Your GPS receiver should work world-wida, so does the GPSed mobile application.

If you would like to learn more, please visit our FAQ at http://gpsed.com/faq

Irene
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

Quote Originally Posted by dbellirv View Post
    Thank you for your quick replies, they help solve the problems quickly.

I have tried installing the new IT Policy as well as the firewall options, but I still have the same problem.

I cannot manually upload my tracks as I cannot even get to that step. As soon as I click "start" the error message comes up to the track doesn't even begin.

Any more suggestions would be much appreciated.

... still looking forward to using GPSed on my next hike!
    Please specify the exact steps that you do, the error message you get when the IT policy blocks the GPSed work.
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

BklnEddie, When you wish to pause your track just press the Menu button and select “Stop”. To resume your track press the Menu button and select “Continue the track”.
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

nimocone,
    To delete a track from your memory cardon your BlackBerry please go to Applications -> Media -> press Menu button -> Select "Explore" -> Memory Card -> BlackBerry -> GPSed. You will see the list of your tracks. Select the track you want to delete, press Menu, select Delete.

To delete a track from your device's memory on your BlackBerry please go to Applications -> Media -> press the Menu button -> Select "Explore" -> Device Memory -> Home -> user. Select the track you want to delete, press Menu, select Delete.
    Last edited by SHAPE; 05-27-2008 at 10:01 AM.
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

BklynEddie no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3089BE1A
    BklnEddie, When you wish to pause your track just press the Menu button and select “Stop”. To resume your track press the Menu button and select “Continue the track”.
    Thanks... I seen that, just thought a pause button would be quicker.
    I also notice the "Continue the Track" is there when you start the program up.
    Maybe you could put in a pop-up or something when you close the program
    asking if you want to end the track that is running.
    Needed to get a replacement 8330 Curve again, so I got a New pin and it's in my profile... Got 8330m now!

Please specify the exact steps that you do, the error message you get when the IT policy blocks the GPSed work.
    Thanks again for your ongoing help....

I have downloaded the newest version, still the same problem.

1) Open the application, select "start new track"
    2) Type in track name, description, etc
    3) Select "start"
    4) Error message: "The application gpsedbb has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy".
    5) Once I clear this error message I get another one from within the program saying: "GPSed: Error when starting the track. Permission denied."

Again, I have set the firewall settings to "allow", and have followd the instructions you gave for creating a blank IT policy.

dbellirv,

Please disable the Firewall and inform if the GPSed works in that case.

Thanks,
    Irene
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

I cannot disable it completely, I do not have that option. I set everything to "allow" and still the same error message.

Quote Originally Posted by dbellirv View Post
    I cannot disable it completely, I do not have that option. I set everything to "allow" and still the same error message.
    You are right, setting everything to Allow is disabling the Firewall. Still there might be some carrier settings changed that we are not aware of.
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

echt no está en línea Stack level 1
    Anyone else have the issue with Address book where you can not save edited or new entries without getting the java.lang IndexOutOfBounds error? As well, I sometimes get a message that the Address has been edited from another source and can not be saved (paraphrased that error message). I removed GPSed and the error ended.

Is this fixed hopefully in the latest update?

Blackberry 8310 AT&T

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast