I'm having trouble getting GPS to work on any app that supports GPS on my ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

harry_b no está en línea Stack level 3

GPS on 8300

Advertisement

I'm having trouble getting GPS to work on any app that supports GPS on my 8300. Is GPS not fully supported in 8300? Only google maps works and that is because they go by cellid.

Any suggestions?

AceBB no está en línea Stack level 3
    Harry, I'm pretty sure that the 8300 doesn't have built in GPS. The 8310 on the other hand does. If this is the case you need to purchase bluetooth GPS puck to sync with your phone. to see if you do have internal GPS on your BB go to , Options > Advanced > GPS. Under Data Source it should say Device GPS. If you don't see that option there then unfortunatley your device does not have built-in GPS.

Hit me with some Trust if this helps
    .:*~*:._.:*~*:. AceBB .:*~*:._.:*~*:.
    Everything you ought to know @ http://www.christopheraceto.com

jab
    jab no está en línea Stack level 1

wow

wow

harry_b no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by AceBB View Post
    Harry, I'm pretty sure that the 8300 doesn't have built in GPS. The 8310 on the other hand does. If this is the case you need to purchase bluetooth GPS puck to sync with your phone. to see if you do have internal GPS on your BB go to , Options > Advanced > GPS. Under Data Source it should say Device GPS. If you don't see that option there then unfortunatley your device does not have built-in GPS.

Hit me with some Trust if this helps
    Thanks a lot