Hello, I develop mobile web applications and if you are interested in using GPS data ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

ttklf4 no está en línea Stack level 1

GPS location and search web application

Advertisement

Hello,

I develop mobile web applications and if you are interested in using GPS data within the browser I would be pleased if you visit ttklf4 LBS Beta with your BlackBerry. Enter ttklf4 in your search engine and navigate to Location-based Search or use the following URL: http://ttklf4.tempw8.internet1.de/m/New1/Search.aspx on your BlackBerry.

QR Code

Minimum requirements:

BlackBerry Browser v4.1

I would appreciate to get feedback from you:

1) Does the application work on your BlackBerry?

2) Is this kind of application usefull for you?

Thank you very much.
    Last edited by ttklf4; 07-28-2008 at 03:48 PM.

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Hi Guys I did try out your application and found it a little confusing at first. First of all I had to edit my JavaScript settings which was a pain. Then I refreshed the page and got an alert that said "Autonomous Mode" clicking ok prompted me to give permission to show my physical location. I had to go through and refresh the page a few times in order for it to work and found it quite annoying with the two alerts both times.

When it was all said and done though I was very happy with the end result Yes it is something that I could see very useful if the above items were addressed

Keep up the great work!

ttklf4 no está en línea Stack level 1

Browser configuration

Thank you very much for this comment.

Quote Originally Posted by kieranwest View Post
    First of all I had to edit my JavaScript settings which was a pain.
    Are you using a simulator? As a rule you don't have to configure the browser because JavaScript and the
    Location API should be enabled by default on a real BlackBerry device.

Quote Originally Posted by kieranwest View Post
    Then I refreshed the page and got an alert that said "Autonomous Mode" clicking ok prompted me to give permission to show my physical location. I had to go through and refresh the page a few times in order for it to work and found it quite annoying with the two alerts both times.
    The Security warning "A JavaScript has requested the physical location of your device. Do you wish to provide this to the script?" is by design and necessary for security reasons because this application accesses the GPS of your device and your location from the browser with JavaScript and cannot be disabled.

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    I've tested a few devices and all the same results. BlackBerry Bold(4.6.0.107), BlackBerry 8800(4.5.0.72). If you want me to test using any other devices I'd be more than willing. Another note is all devices were on a BES(4.1.6)

Also I am aware of the security reasons as well and understand the API's well as I'm a fellow developer. If you have any further questions don't hesitate to post back