Hi all, I use im+ and it works well, but I thought I'd give the ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

spagatti no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20406CA3

google talk sign-in problems

Advertisement

Hi all, I use im+ and it works well, but I thought I'd give the Google Talk application a go. I've downloaded and installed it with no problems, but when I try to sign in it keeps giving me an invalid username or password message. I'm positive I'm using the correct info as I tried signing into my gmail account immediately afterwards with the same name and password. I've tried it with and without the @gmail.com and still I get the error message. Can anybody tell me if I've done something wrong or if there is someway of fixing this? Thanks!

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Re: google talk sign-in problems

it's not required for you to enter @gmail.com when u sign in googletalk. I'm not sure why your getting this error. It might be case sensitive..

spagatti no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20406CA3

thanks flash24, i didn't think i needed the @gmail. i'm really sure that i haven't made any errors when inputting the username and password info in. i even changed my gmail password and then tried again, no dice.

i posted the same thing in another thread (i've been having problems with posts not showing up when i post on my bb, so i didn't think it worked). melissaox suggested trying to sign in using a different gmail account, i did, and it worked fine. i deleted my gmail profile from im+, still didn't work.

finally, i realized that i always had something accessing my gmail account, whether i had it on on the webpage or running in the mail application on my powerbook. when i shut it all off, presto, it fires up no problems. thanks for your input!

MizzElliott no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    4017AAAA

My google talk is saying there is an encryption error. I cannot sign in

MizzElliott no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    4017AAAA

The error is 56. It says error sending encryption message. Please pin me if you can help me. Thank you.

crazy4_lv no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi I'm new here and just got my blackberry today but I am having the same problem logging onto google talk. It keeps telling me invalid username and password. I tried what spagatti suggested but I still can't log in.

galvatron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240582a8
    Lovly I wonder if they ran google talk through the debugger befor they released it?

jlrodriguez no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the exact same problem connecting to Google Talk on my Pearl (error 56). Have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, lowercase, uppercase ... downloading service books ... all to no avail.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

blackwilly no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile Re: google talk sign-in problems

I am having the same problem and I reset my PW to something less complicated (no "weird" characters or capitols). still the same message comes up. I am going to clear the cash & uninstall and see what happens from there ... weird though!
    -BW

Thumbs down Re: google talk sign-in problems

still the same problem - telling me that I have an invalid user id or password. very weird. anyone got any solutions?

I just found out that google talk also needs about 48 hours to update the PW's on the BB Servers? Doc ID : KB05059 from the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center reads: "After you change your password, the following message appears when logging in to Google Talk on your BlackBerry device: "Invalid user name or password". It takes approximately 48 hours for the Google Talk server to be updated with the new login credentials."
    Thanks!
    ___
    BW

marinuska no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Re: google talk sign-in problems

First, sorry for my bad english, I am from Mexico, I hope you understand me.

I think the problem is that if you have Gmail, Google Talk and Email Configuration with the same account, Blackberry gets crazy.

I have the Blackberry 7100i with Nextel and tried first erasing Gmail, then (the same account of Gmail) erasing Email Configuration.

Then, disabled the password protection.

Then go to Options- Advanced Options- Applications, then localize Google Talk Application, click once (with the circle at the right of the phone), select Edit Default Permissions, here you will see three options (connections, interactions, user data), here you have to change

in Interactions: comunication between - allowed, pulsation (keystroke) injection - allowed

in User Data: change everything into allowed

* About changing the TLS, isnt necessary, you have to keep it the original, and for this, only go to Options- Security- TLS- and leave the default TLS

* Then, about the signing in, it worked fine for me to just put the username without the @gmail.

This is my first post...i really got crazy trying to solve this thing, and thought it would be useful to somebody. Just keep the permissions of your Blackberry simple, and allowed the things that cant make trouble with the phone, and thats it.

spike41615 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BD9F4

i tried all of the above, and i know for a fact nothing else is running my account anywhere, but i still get the invalid name and pass error

bjacquot no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: google talk sign-in problems

I just got an 8830 and loaded Google Talk and am having the same "Invalid Username or Password". I tried it both with and without the "@gmail.com" in the username, but it didn't help. I've removed and re-installed several times, to no avail. I've also loaded the Gmail application and it works fine using the same account credentials so I know the username and password work correctly.

I checked the Google Talk Support web site which referred me to RIM. I sent an email to this address and got the following reply:

"We have determined that you purchased your BlackBerry product through one of our carrier partners. Your service provider fields general queries and provides technical support for all BlackBerry smartphone-related issues and can act as your first point of contact in these matters."

Finally, I called Verizon and they said they don't support any 3rd party applications.

One interesting thing I have noticed is even when I remove the Google Talk software and re-install, when I launch the application it immediately comes up with an "Invalid Username or Pasword" message using a previous set of credentials. I'm not sure if it's related, but I'd like to know how to clear the stored credentials if I can. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bryan

cat1721 no está en línea Stack level 1

cI have also been having some problems with my google chat. i keep getting invalid username or password when i try to log in. I have tried to log in without adding '@gmail.com' but it still does not work. At times it just stays on the 'signing in' page for ever so i just cancel sign in. Is it that this facility does not work with the 8100 perl?