Hello, First post here... trying to figure out how to get the "Talk Alert" sound ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

am23 no está en línea Stack level 1

Google Talk "New Alert" Problem?

Advertisement

Hello,

First post here... trying to figure out how to get the "Talk Alert" sound option in Google Talk to work. I assume this is when you receive a new "first" message from someone. The "New Message" alert works fine (alerts each time you receive a message from someone). No matter what I try, the "Talk Alert" sound option does not seem to work. Can anybody help? Thanks!

Curve 8310 on AT&T.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    Welcome to pinstack. Is this an option in the profiles? I use JiveTalk and don't use the individual IM apps.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Yes this is in profiles. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gies no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Welcome to Pinstack.

Go into the Profiles section, scroll down to Advanced and press select, click on the profile you want to change (should be labelled Active), then scroll down to Google Talk Alert. Click on that and open it up. You should get the options to change the notifier and volume right in there. I believe the default when it is downloaded is "None" for tone or vibrate, and "mute" for volume. If this doesn't work for you, let me know what else you have already tried.

Hope this helps.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "BlackBerry - Two thumbs up.... If I could move 'em."

Out of holster is set to 'tone' and volume is 'low'. (I do not use holster) Have not had any luck. I wonder if anyone else having issues?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~