I am having trouble getting Google Talk to launch on a 7250 through Alltel. We ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

leob no está en línea BES Pro

Question Google Talk issues

Advertisement

I am having trouble getting Google Talk to launch on a 7250 through Alltel. We have a BES server and I have configured all the proper IT Policies. I am able to get Google Talk to work on my BB 7100 through Cellular One.

I have tried uninstalling the software then reinstalling. I have tried to install both via OTA and through the website when connected to a PC. I even wiped the handheld and re-activated & reinstalled.

I think the problem is that the BBIMConfig service book is not getting to the device. I have resent the service books from the BES and also had Alltel resend them and still not luck. Does any one have any suggestions?

Thanks!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Google Talk issues

You cannot get the service books from BES it's OTA via your carrier.

Contact your service provider to verify that the device has been provisioned on the service provider’s wireless network. Then, complete the following:
    1. Verify that the time zone has been set correctly for your location. This option is found under Options > Date/Time.
    2. Register the device on the wireless network.On the device, select Options > Host Routing Table (depending on the device software version, Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table).
      Click the trackwheel and select Register Now.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

This may also be a issue with Google Talk and BB OS.

I have a 7100r with Rogers (on a BES), and I had been using Google Talk for BB flawlessly for a couple of months on OS 4.0. Never had any issue with logging in, or sending/receiving messages. Even jabber'd all my MSN contacts into Google Talk.

BUT....When I upgraded my BB OS from 4.0 to 4.1, I started to have problems.

Since putting OS 4.1 on my 7100r, Google Talk is quite unstable. "Command Failed" error pop-ups are common and constant. Not every online contact shows up as being online. Logging in takes an obscene amount of time, if it even logs in at all. And Google Talk will log me out without reason or notice.

As Google Talk is beta, on a computer and BlackBerry, I'm not sure if it should be considered reliable just yet.

Anyone else have similar issues?

I have spoke to both RIM & Alltel and both seem to point the finger at the other why it is not working.

I have spoke to Alltel on two occasions. On the first one I finally got a Tech Support rep who knew what I was talking about but didn't see any reason it is not working. The second time they kept trying to say they don't support the third party service books and would have to be downloaded.

I have also spoke to RIM twice. The first time they said it was up to the provider to activate the prosumer service as well as the Blackberry Enterprise Service. The second time seems to be better and they are researching further to resolve.

Just a bit frustrating but hopefully RIM can get it resolved. I have seem many other posts where Alltel customers are having difficulty with this IM. The only constant I see is the missing service books.

Thumbs up Re: Google Talk issues

My Google Talk issues have been resolved!

After working with RIM and Alltel, the problem was Alltel needed to activate Prosumer service on the account. FYI to all your Alltel users. You may have to get a higher level Alltel Tech because most of the lower level techs don't don't what to do here and will either point you back to RIM or Google.

digenius no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~lewis, I'm having the same "command failed" problem on my 8700. It ran fine for about a week and now I cannot get rid of the command failed error

data1025 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am having the same problem on my TMO 8700g. I updated GTalk from 1.0.9 to 1.0.21 and it did not fix the problem.

data1025 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Just to bump the issue, I emailed imhelp@rim.com per Google's help website and explained the problem. If they get enough emails from users, they may fix it.

Eric

Dru419 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2412F656
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I've gotten the "server error" message before. It would freeze up my blackberry and I would have to pull out the battery to fix it. This does get annoying at times. Does anyone know what the latest version of google talk is, and if so, where do I get it. I got my google talk from my blackberry browser, under free downloads.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Quote Originally Posted by Dru419
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I've gotten the "server error" message before. It would freeze up my blackberry and I would have to pull out the battery to fix it. This does get annoying at times. Does anyone know what the latest version of google talk is, and if so, where do I get it. I got my google talk from my blackberry browser, under free downloads.
    Hi, welcome to pinstack.com. For google talk I have version 1.0.21. Not sure if its the latest, but I try to keep up to date on all my apps.

polycron no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B7945A

Quote Originally Posted by leob
    My Google Talk issues have been resolved!

After working with RIM and Alltel, the problem was Alltel needed to activate Prosumer service on the account. FYI to all your Alltel users. You may have to get a higher level Alltel Tech because most of the lower level techs don't don't what to do here and will either point you back to RIM or Google.
    After repeated attempts I can not get up past the initial tier of support. The people I'm talking to have no clue what I'm talking about. Talk about frustration.

polycron no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B7945A

Quote Originally Posted by polycron
    After repeated attempts I can not get up past the initial tier of support. The people I'm talking to have no clue what I'm talking about. Talk about frustration.
    I finally found a person to setup my profile at Alltel appropriately. Basically I was setup for BES access (which we host ourselves) and he had to add in normal internet access in addition to the BES. I'm not sure if I will get dinged with an extra charge or not, but as soon as he activated it I received a bunch of new service books and some additional programs loaded on my main screen.

psnare no está en línea Stack level 1

Ihave Pearl, loaded Google Talk OK, but when I try to connect I get error "Service not enabled for this handheld" I connect via Enterprise sever. Others in the company can connect OK. Any ideas of handset settings I should check?

Cracker no está en línea Stack level 1
    Prosumer Service FTW!! Alltel user with Google Talk that kept giving me "Service not enabled for this handheld". It doesn't matter if you are on a BES or not, call Alltel and have them ensure the Prosumer Service is turned on! It fixed the problem I was fighting with all day. They told me to reload the handheld software, wipe the account from the BES bla bla bla.. LEOB up above nailed the fix! You are actually missing a couple entries in the service book that this feature pushes down which allows GoogleTalk and others like Yahoo Chat and a few more to work.
    I hope this helps!

orzik no está en línea Stack level 1

Question GTalk with Tmobile

I recently swiched cell carriers to TMOBILE and sadly can not use GTalk.... this is the message I get:
    "Connection Error (65) Problem Receiving Data From The Server"
    Any ideas anyone?

P.S. I have upgraded the OS to 4.5. Before upgrading the GMail app would not work as well as the internet browsing was shut!
    Last edited by orzik; 12-05-2008 at 11:03 PM.