Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anybody have the following 2 problems? 1) Google Talk randomly disconnects (I realize this may ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Google Talk Help

Advertisement

Anybody have the following 2 problems?

1) Google Talk randomly disconnects (I realize this may be because it's still beta, I THINK)
    2) I no longer get the message notification icon at the top of the screen when I am in other applications.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Google Talk Help

1 - I never have that problem that I have noticed. Could it be the BB is turning off or the signal is lost? Pulling at straws...
    2 - I am not sure I have actually gotten a message on GT on my BB, so I have never seen the notification icon. Maybe it is gone with an upgrade? Again, puling at straws.
    I would think if it is still in BETA they would have an email or contact us link that we could provide feedback. Maybe they could tell you more....
    Anyone wiser than me on this one out there?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

I found out that the random disconnects and problems logging back on are common. I haven't found anyone else who has had their icons disappear, however.

Sounds like you are the lucky winner of the icon problem I tend to be signed in but I only have you, my hubby, and Taeisme on mine.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

I have this problem with Ramble sometimes. It will automatically drop sometimes. I don't know why this is either, but I am assuming it may be a quick slip in the signal that causes it to do it.
    I love ramble, except it wont do an audio notification unless the program is opened...When its closed then it will notify you, but only by popping something up on your screen, which isn't really conveinent. I am sure they will have that resolved with the next version though.

I prefer any application that makes sounds to be attached to my profiles. Can't have it beep outloud in the middle of a work meeting. And I always forget to turn the sound off inside the applications
    My Blog , My Flickr

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Me too. Just realized that my 8700 doesn't have sound properties for googletalk. Is that right? Or do I need to reinstall it again?

I have it in mine. Google Talk Alert and Google Talk New Message - new 8700. There is also an entry for the built in IM for each - AIM, ICQ, MSN, and Yahoo. FYI - I really like the new Tmo IM, which I had to download from a link in the bookmarks, took me awhile to figure it out.
    My Blog , My Flickr

taeisme no está en línea Stack level 4

I have Cingular and in my profiles I have google talk alert and google talk message....

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Found out that you have to, at least once, run the program so it adds those options to the profiles. It works now.

taeisme no está en línea Stack level 4

Cool beans...

LOL. I would have never guessed. Thanks for the info.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Problem solved. I upgraded to the CW 4.1 OS and I am now getting my notifications.

But I'm back with the other problem I originally posted about. I just looked at my BB and noticed that once again, I had gotten booted from Google Talk messenger (I know it's still in beta but geez). If this keeps, I will be deleting it permanently or does anyone know of any updates?

lmc0434 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32B09322

anyone using google talk to use their AOL im contacts have an issue like mine.. I added a transport today and now when people respond to my messages it doubles their responses on my BB..I see what they say twice!!! it still works just really annoying the screen fills up real quick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast