So I was able to log in successfully on google talk on my bb using ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

nateshiner no está en línea Stack level 2

google talk for google hosted domains

Advertisement

So I was able to log in successfully on google talk on my bb using an email address from a google hosted domain account, but it didn't bring up the contacts in my domain or on my contact list as it does when I sign in with my gmail username.

Is anyone else experiencing these problems? I'm not even sure using a google hosted domain email address with RIM's google talk software has been discussed, but I figured I would ask.

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: google talk for google hosted domains

So in your PC you see a list of contacts when you sign with your Google hosted domain account?

Quote Originally Posted by DonGato View Post
    So in your PC you see a list of contacts when you sign with your Google hosted domain account?
    Well the list of contacts is there when I sign in on mail.mydomain.com...same as my gmail when I sign in via pc....just that gtalk on my bb using my gmail address shows contacts, but gtalk bb using hosted domain let's me sign in but doesn't show contacts

That's what I mean. You don't have any Google Talk contacts added to your hosted domain account. They aren't the same as your mail contacts.

I think I might not have said that correctly.

On my hosted domain I have used gtalk in ie explorer with the contacts on the hosted account contact list. (And with different contacts than my gmail.) But these hosted contacts aren't showing up on the bb's gtalk

...not the end of the world....I'm just as happy not having work contacts able to contact me..but was curious if anyone else had experienced same problems I can see the gtalk being a nice extra resource for small biz~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ok, that's what I was asking. Then you see the contacts in your PC so something wrong is happening with the BB client. Strange as I use another troublesome feature (transports) and they work well in the BB client.

Double post.

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3

It works fine for me on my domain. You might double check that you have the chat service enabled for your domain (via your domain management page) and make sure that "Display users' chat status outside this domain" is checked under the chat settings there as well.

Thanks for suggestions....I'll double check settings (and also look up "transports".....~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Yeah cause mine show up just fine
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask