Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've had Google Maps for about 6 months now and I can't tell you how ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

drdank no está en línea Stack level 1

Google Maps sucks!

Advertisement

I've had Google Maps for about 6 months now and I can't tell you how many times it has taken me to the wrong location! Does anyone else have this problem. Even when I enter an address for starting location and ending location, it always gives me a waced out route. Any suggestions for another program?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Did you upgrade to the latest version? (2.3.1) Lots of people raving about it.

Here's the link.

Akim281 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    216E72B9
    try the update, i love it

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Akim281 View Post
    try the update, i love it
    Me too....have had no problems with it

it doesn't always give you the shortest or fastest route....keep in mind it looks at traffic as well and determines the route with those factors as well.
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I love google, but their BB client does suck. I hate suggesting microsoft products, but at least for the BB, the "Microsoft Live" app is amazing. That, and the stores/venues are usually within 3-4 months old at most, so when new stores open, you will see them. It also has a huge list of categories. The maps are MUCH better, cleaber, and the user interface rocks. Huge downside: no network gps feature.

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96
    Email google with your issues. Give them examples too. GMaps routes you with their algorithm (sp?) And if you found a glitch, let them know about it and they'll fix it :-)

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96
    Oh and let them know that you're resorted to using their competitors product because of it!

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Google Maps is just like any other mapping product out there. They update the major metropolitan areas on a regular basis but remote or rural areas only receive updates every few years.

If you are in a rural area then this could be part of your issue. If you are not, then download the new update as I have never had an issue with Google Maps working for me each and every time I have used it.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

BerrySmartUser no está en línea Stack level 3
    I used it the other day to go to a middle school to watch my kids play football. Stupid thing took me 10 minutes out of my way turning right to go through some stupid housing development. All I had to do was stay on the same road for about another 10 seconds and I would've been right in front of the school! Is this a marketing scam so I go look at new houses I know I can't afford??

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Hahaha... It sucks when I woke up and I found myself in irak... But then I saw it was just google maps pooling my leg.. Now that it shows that I'm in Colombia... I'm not sure it I rather it said irak. Lol just kidding ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by dantek View Post
    I used it the other day to go to a middle school to watch my kids play football. Stupid thing took me 10 minutes out of my way turning right to go through some stupid housing development. All I had to do was stay on the same road for about another 10 seconds and I would've been right in front of the school! Is this a marketing scam so I go look at new houses I know I can't afford??
    LOL!!

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    I would download it, but I know for sure I would never use it. I don't know about you guys, but it runs kind of slow.

Is it a memory hog?
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

I uninstalled it not too long after I installed it because I like Telenav. If you leave it running, it is definitely a memory hog.

latosha no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up works well 4 me

i love google maps actually, its gotten me outta some of the worst scenarios when i was lost in vegas and just certain areas im not familiar with. my best advice is to make sure you have the latest version, and also if you're on the move and get lost, pull over or park somewhere and THEN it will detect your exact location. it wont work when you're still on the move. Pulling over also helps if you're the type to get frustrated when lost. Take a breather (lol) and use G-Maps. Its awesome. For me anyway...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast