Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Didn't see it posted anywhere else so I thought I'd give you guys a heads ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Google Maps 2.1 is out

Advertisement

Didn't see it posted anywhere else so I thought I'd give you guys a heads up, Google Maps version 2.1 is out. No drastic changes from the last version, but it seems to run smoother.
    http://www.google.com/gmm to download it.

joecrack no está en línea Stack level 2
    Very good.
    I just hope they narrow my location to something less then 1700 meters.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mcawthon2004 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    313d77b4
    Got it!!! And awesome thanks for the post!! Good stuff!! Everyone should get it!!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DrSuha no está en línea Stack level 3
    Can someone help me out? I just upgraded to the 8120 today from my ancient 8100. I installed the new Google maps but when it first loads up it stays stuck on 10%. I'm using my home's wifi connections.

inc188 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuha View Post
    Can someone help me out? I just upgraded to the 8120 today from my ancient 8100. I installed the new Google maps but when it first loads up it stays stuck on 10%. I'm using my home's wifi connections.
    may do this and see if it will help you,

in google maps to click the BB button, in the options scroll down to "Help" and then scroll down until you see "Reset Google Maps"

try that and see what happens

cheers

anaenima no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm pretty sure it won't work with just wifi. You need a data plan. Only gmaps that will work through wifi is the web version and not the actual app.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Not sure if it will work just off wifi.
    Just to cover all bases, check the application permissions and make sure it has access to the wifi. Go to Options > Advanced > Applications - scroll to Google Maps, click Menu and expand the connections and make sure Wifi is set to Allow.

Funny thing is that I have a data plan but I didn't add the hotspot at home for ten bucks but I was able to connect to my home's wireless connections. I will do what you guys said and hopefully it will work.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Funny thing is that I have a data plan but I didn't add the hotspot at home for ten bucks but I was able to connect to my home's wireless connections. I will do what you guys said and hopefully it will work.
    You will always be able to connect to the wifi. The hotspot at home plan is when you make calls via wifi, the minutes don't count toward your monthly limit.

play11dg no está en línea Stack level 2
    2.1 is okay. I check my location and same old 1700 meter off where my location was. To me, it's just same as old version except little changes, big deal. I would suggest to use either ATT Nav, 9.99 a month and tells exactly where ur location at, but worth ur penny or BBmaps for free.
    Last edited by play11dg; 05-06-2008 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenMarvin View Post
    You will always be able to connect to the wifi. The hotspot at home plan is when you make calls via wifi, the minutes don't count toward your monthly limit.
    Thank you for explaining it because the Tmo rep I bought it from had no answers to any of my questions. He had me thinking that because I don't have the $10 Hot Spot at Home plan that I was going to get "roaming" charges if I connect to my home's wireless network and other wireless networks for that matter.

rayvon2k no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yea good looks on this

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    downloading mine now Google maps comes in handy.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I don't mind it being within 1000 or so meters of my actual location. It's useful for looking up places near to me. And I hardly ever use the directions feature. If I need to know exactly where I am, I'll use my Garmin.

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Google updater apparently isn't aware of any google map updates! It's still showing 2.0. Am I not getting something? They are by the same company right? I don't get why google spent time on updater (which isn't working) and not more time on picasa application. Thanks for the update

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast