Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I use BIS , and all my permissions are set to allow. It still uses ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

PittsDriver no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

I use BIS , and all my permissions are set to allow. It still uses stupid cell tower triangulation on my location.....

it seriously seems like it automatically downloaded a non gps version or something.

jdean014 no está en línea Stack level 1

Work around for 3rd Party Software

My company blocks us from downloading 3rd party software (ie Google Maps) via the web. Does anyone know a work around? Maybe something I can just download to my computer and then sync to my blackberry??

thanks
    Jeff

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    If they have an IT policy in place then NO. They control from their system and information is constantly pushed to your phone. You can search the forums here on how to remove the IT policy, however, as soon as your phone connects to their server (i.e. for push email, calendar sync, or anything else) the IT policy will be pushed right back.

Quote Originally Posted by atsmark View Post
    it seriously seems like it automatically downloaded a non gps version or something.
    Go to Options> Adcanced Options> GPS, menu key, Refresh Satellites. Make sure you are connecting.

evilcaptain no está en línea Stack level 3
    Not sure if this was mentioned already. One feature I have not seen until now is the ability to go to your address book and click on show on google maps just like the view home/work map for bbmaps. Very handle feature. Before I had to cut and paste from my address book.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHulkDiese View Post

Go to Options> Adcanced Options> GPS, menu key, Refresh Satellites. Make sure you are connecting.
    I use telenav perfectly with no problems... the GPS connects perfectly.

ok figured out the problem. I was on 4.5.0.10 beta, and when going to google.com/gmm it for some reason reconized my device as an OS 4.0 and downloaded that respective version. Went back to 4.2.2(not for the google maps reason) and tried it, downloaded the correct version, working great now!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234