Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by JermsTSP Where do I get the new version? I just downloaded Google ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Google Maps 1.6.3 is out

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by JermsTSP
    Where do I get the new version? I just downloaded Google Services v1.3.0 into my Curve from the google website but my Google Maps version is still 1.5.2.

Also, why is Google Maps showing my platform as BlackBerry-8300_v4_0 when I'm on an 8320 and my App Version is 4.2.2171(310)?
    Google Services has not been updated in ages! You need to uninstall the Google Services version, and then download OTA from http://www.google.com/gmm or via Desktop Manager from http://www.google.com/gmm/bes -- the DM version is still v1.6.2.

oBBsessed no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Either I'm missing something, or the new version is crap...I like being able to find my current location with GPS, then use "Find Business" to, well, find a business of a certain type. Now I have just the "Search" option, and I have to search near a known address to find what I need...I think I will be going back to a previous version--visortqw, I will be sending you a PM for 1.6.2.

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by oBBsessed
    Either I'm missing something, or the new version is crap...I like being able to find my current location with GPS, then use "Find Business" to, well, find a business of a certain type. Now I have just the "Search" option, and I have to search near a known address to find what I need...I think I will be going back to a previous version--visortqw, I will be sending you a PM for 1.6.2.
    Actually, v1.6.2 is still publicly posted -- http://www.google.gmm/bes/

AllanRosen no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78
    Hanging at 4 is where the BB waits for you to "allow connections". If you don't do something here, it doesn't know whether to continue or not. Have you checked the appropriate box?
    I installed 1.6.3 and also can't get past 4 in the startup process. All my permissions are set to "allow".... I don't see anything else I can do to fix it.

robertguero no está en línea Stack level 1

Exactly. This is why I want an lolder version cause I know it works. Well visortqw i can not send PM's because I have less than 10 postesss. Thank you for offering. i will look to see waht version I have. I used BB to DL the load so it may be old.

Yep hes right. Just loked at my BB and it says Google Maps 1.6.3.

smis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    OU812

I got it working with no trouble at all.

http://mobile.google.com
    then click on a mobile device
    Once you go BlackBerry you never go back!

Yep did put 2 and 2 together. I now looked at my phone and saw the version is 1.6.3 and I got it from using my BB and directing it to www(DOT)google(DOT)com/gmm.(sorry it wont let me post URLs). Where it DLed the software of which is totally the newest software Ver 1.6.3, THAT DOESNT WORK. So when i used my puter to DL the 162.zip at the addy above I see it is a different version. Any way I had the good version all along.

Poster above says his works so figured i would try with BB again. I went to addy above with puter and it says "Get started now", clicked on that. It will either send to your phone or you can use BB to nav to mobile.google.com. So I used BB and it came up with "Google Services Ver. 1.3.0"? But it works, just like on my old phone. I remember somewhere in the above post said something about not being able to search for businessesses, well a little click on the wheel and presto there is that old beautiful menu and first in line "Find Buisness". So got what i want. Thanks for all the help. Probably not the newest version but does what I want. In case you didnt notice I have the BB 7100t, cant afford the new stuff yet with the GPS. I am just happy it works. Thanks again.

Hey if I helped, help me. Click that green little + square at the bottom of the post.

Ok I think that issue has probably been cured and I should probably start a new thread but any body possible did the BB software upgrade trying to fix this and now cant get GPRS on Cingular? i am on Tmo but have a national plan that lets me switch to Cingular and use their good coverage sometimes. Well before my old BB had the JVM102 error, I could switch to Cingular no prob and get GPRS. BUT now that I used a phone I got from a friend it doesnt work. I dont know if the phone I am using now could get GPRS on Cingular before upgrade.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

For the people having connection problems, did you check your TCP settings?

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by robertguero
    Hey if I helped, help me. Click that green little + square at the bottom of the post.

No promoting please...

TCP settings?

Why jwould I have to change my TCP setting when i never used it in the old phone?

OOPS was suppose to go in the post above as an edit but I typed in the wrong box.

nunyadamnbiz no está en línea Stack level 1

Please help...how do I get this to work...I am having the same problems with the holding at 4, and then saying network failure...I have a 7015t...everything loaded, and set properly. Thanks in advance....and I give green for good work... :-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast