Google Maps 1.6.3 is out

Advertisement

updating my 8320 now.

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Google Maps 1.6.3 is out

Quote Originally Posted by Krad
    updating my 8320 now.
    Let us know how it works for you.

I'm still on 1.6.0, but I've read about problems with v. 1.6.1 and 1.6.2, so I haven't been quick to upgrade.

Thanks

dixie2bird no está en línea Stack level 1

I installed this on my 7230 with T-Mobile service (unlimited data). It downloaded and installed fine. However, when I launch the app, it says "loading" and the bar goes to 4, then hangs. I then get a "Network Failure" message. I've tried it with both the firewall enabled/disabled but get the same results. Anyone using this successfully on a 7230?

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

how do you find out what version you're running?

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by cyberspastic
    how do you find out what version you're running?
    Use the Help menu option.

berrysweet no está en línea Stack level 1

You can also find out what version you have by going into applications in the options icon. Does anyone know what's new in this version?

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Quote Originally Posted by dixie2bird
    I installed this on my 7230 with T-Mobile service (unlimited data). It downloaded and installed fine. However, when I launch the app, it says "loading" and the bar goes to 4, then hangs. I then get a "Network Failure" message. I've tried it with both the firewall enabled/disabled but get the same results. Anyone using this successfully on a 7230?

Hanging at 4 is where the BB waits for you to "allow connections". If you don't do something here, it doesn't know whether to continue or not. Have you checked the appropriate box?
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3

Well, I'm not that glad that my 9 favorites were wiped by this new version. Can't they keep them while upgrading?

dixie2bird no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78
    Hanging at 4 is where the BB waits for you to "allow connections". If you don't do something here, it doesn't know whether to continue or not. Have you checked the appropriate box?
    Where exactly do I look for this on a 7230? I've gone into Options/Apps/Google Maps/Properties, but there are no further options after that. It shows info about Google Maps like the version, Copyright etc, but my only menu options are Hide Menu and Close. Is there some other place that I'm suppose to "allow connections" to apps?

Thanks!

rachaelp no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm having major problems with Google Maps. It works, but gets stuck on the "allow this connection" page when I try to call from it. I can shut it down, and that screen will still pop up. I have to do a battery pull to make it go away, and that battery pull takes almost 5 minutes. Bad.

DaddyFizzle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    28A34994

Thanks...I'm downloading now.

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by DonGato
    Well, I'm not that glad that my 9 favorites were wiped by this new version. Can't they keep them while upgrading?
    i have the same issue with googlemaps upgrades. thats y i'm not gonna upgrade until they get this feature in. it sucks to reenter ur favs after u upgrade! when i asked this question before i was told that it is not possible to keep them when u upgrade unless something changed or someone figured out a way to keep them.

JermsTSP no está en línea Stack level 2

Where do I get the new version? I just downloaded Google Services v1.3.0 into my Curve from the google website but my Google Maps version is still 1.5.2.

Also, why is Google Maps showing my platform as BlackBerry-8300_v4_0 when I'm on an 8320 and my App Version is 4.2.2171(310)?

robertguero no está en línea Stack level 1

gmm_161_bb_enter.zip looking for this. Of which is Google Maps 1.6.1(just in case I got file name worng) Any body got it? I used the new Google Maps and it hangs at 4% with a network failure error. No one knows how to fix yet. Only resolution is downgrade.

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by robertguero
    gmm_161_bb_enter.zip looking for this. Of which is Google Maps 1.6.1(just in case I got file name worng) Any body got it? I used the new Google Maps and it hangs at 4% with a network failure error. No one knows how to fix yet. Only resolution is downgrade.
    I have the v1.6.0 and the v1.6.2 -- PM me with an e-mail address if you want either.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast