How do you clear Recent Places. The suggestions I have been given, clear Maps and ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

eric0668 no está en línea Stack level 1

Google Maps

How do you clear Recent Places. The suggestions I have been given, clear Maps and clear cache in the browswer do not work.

thanks

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Blog Entries

Re: Google Maps

Oh man....I just un-installed google maps off my phone cuz I have InfoSpace FindIt......Can't remember how to add a new location!!, uh.....Dam!!

lindycu no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319BDB8B

You have to go to "ABOUT" or "HELP" in Google Maps, and their is a Clear Map function, but this clears everything - CACHE, FAVORITES, RECENT PLACES. Basically it resets it to default. I don't believe there is another way, but I could be wrong. I too am someone that is using something other than Google Maps now. I have VZ Nav and use MSN Live Search (as I can get it to work with the GPS). I have also used Beyond 411 for simple search and text-by-text directions.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by lindycu View Post
    You have to go to "ABOUT" or "HELP" in Google Maps, and their is a Clear Map function, but this clears everything - CACHE, FAVORITES, RECENT PLACES. Basically it resets it to default. I don't believe there is another way, but I could be wrong. I too am someone that is using something other than Google Maps now. I have VZ Nav and use MSN Live Search (as I can get it to work with the GPS). I have also used Beyond 411 for simple search and text-by-text directions.

Hope this helps.
    Hey, thanks Lindycu, I just found that out. Well, I knew of NO way to do it. So anyway is better than nothing. But you are right, it takes it back to square one. no way to just get rid of the search history like you can in beyond 411. That is a nice feature.

Thanks
    Eric

Beeshaboo is that you in the glasses or the plaid shirt??? and what is that program you said you mistakenly lost or took off?