Can anyone give me some feedback on the new feature? Did it create any problems ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

mgrimm no está en línea Stack level 1

Google Contact Synch

Advertisement

Can anyone give me some feedback on the new feature? Did it create any problems for you with your address book? I'm reluctant to allow dupes to be imported.

newleonne no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a2aaeb
    Wow, good thing I read your post. I did not realize it was out yet. This is new as of 11/19
    http://googlemobile.blogspot.com/200...-now-with.html

I will install it now and provide some feedback in the course of the day.

Proxima no está en línea Stack level 2
    It caused problems on my Pearl, and I've read about many people having the same problems on Curves and others.

Basically what happened to me is several contacts on my phone lost their phone numbers after a sync, and on gmails side, those same contacts would get multiple entries of their home or work address each time a sync happened.

When I tried to open my phone log, the phone crashed and after a warm boot all my contacts were good again... until the next sync.

I've had to turn off contact syncing for now, and go through all the contacts in gmail and delete the extra addresses.

This app is not ready for prime time yet.

rcd213 no está en línea Stack level 2
    So far, so good for me. No crashing etc. and all my contacts seem to be there, although I haven't checked the entries in google yet. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

newleonne no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a2aaeb
    I got my contacts synced up, however I keep getting uncaught exception errors. I will uninstall the app and see if these errors go away, then perhaps consider waiting for an updated version or check compatibility with my current OS.

mgrimm no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the responses, I think I'll hold off on using the new feature.