Happened to come across this on another site, and being I haven't read or seen ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

Goog411

Advertisement

Happened to come across this on another site, and being I haven't read or seen any mention of it on pinstack, and being I find it very useful, thought I"d pass it on!

Google is now testing a FREE 411 service, called... goog 411!

Just go to 1-800 GOO-G 411 (800 466-4114) and you'll be asked by a robotic voice for the city and state you'd like to search. Speak your location, and you'll then be asked if you wish to find a business name or a type of business.

I've been using another free 411 service, which previously would pass you to an operator if the voice recognition couldn't make out what you're asking for. However, recently, I simply get a "Sorry, I couldn't make out what your request is"... and then a dial tone! rude.... Rude...RUDE!

Furthermore, this other 411 service would make you listen to an advertisement, and offer to transfer you to the business running the ad, before it would pass you on to the rude woman who asks for what you're searching for.

On Goog 411, there seems to be none of this. You get to state your location right off the bat, and then state the business you'd like the number for. Goog 411 will dial the found number for you! (The other service would only state the #, and you either had to remember it, or write it down)

Goog 411 will (from what I've read) even text message the found number to your phone!

I realize this isn't Blackberry specific, but the bb IS a phone, 1st, and hopefully, someone might find this info useful!

nimocone no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Goog411

Actually, it was mentioned back in April: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...l_pretend.html But that's ok, this can serve as a reminder.

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

Thanks, didn't see it as I"m rather new here.

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD

Oh thks I didn't know of this service myself I will have to chk it out.

nimocone no está en línea Stack level 3

Don't worry about it. There are some links that deserve to be brought back. Or just try a quick search.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

there is a program sort of like but better its called tell me free and pretty good at voice recognition
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

rabbie303 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

I have been trying for weeks for tell me to work. I went to the site and had it send a text to my phone for activation and when I go to the link it gives an error. It will never let me access the site for activation
    ~Erich~
    ---60% of the time it works every time--