I deleted Yahoo! 2 Go off of my BB because Google is my hompage and ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Good Weather App????

Advertisement

I deleted Yahoo! 2 Go off of my BB because Google is my hompage and I customized the page to tell me the info I need... (movies, sports scores, weather, and news.) Heck I even get a new joke every day on the main page. I figured I didn't need Y! GO.

But the weather reports on Google just don't give me the weather info I need. Y! GO had detailed forecasts, what the day would be like (sunny, cloudy, rainy, etc). Google just gives me a little icon to tell me how the day is, and a high's and lows for temperature.

My question is this... are there any better weather apps for the BB? I've heard of BB Weather but isn't that just push messaging to the phone. Is there anything that gives similiar information to what Y! GO gives? What do you use... if you use one?
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Good Weather App????

i'm actually curious to know this as well. Right now, I just text message google with my zipcode and i get the forecast for the next 3-5 days. which works for me, for the most part ... but if there's a better app, i'll try it out.
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....

i just found one that was posted in one of the threads above:

m.wund.com

thats not a local app that runs on your phone. its a website. You'll need to install this to have quicker access to the bookmarks:
    http://www.jonathanhfisher.co.uk/b2/?p=15

i'm gonna try it.
    www.iamletired.com

PIN/ID
    n/a

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~sweet. But I don't try anything unless people back it up with a testimonial. So how about this, download it and try it for a day or two... Unless we can get someone who,s used it before to comment on it?

i'm trying it now and i'll let you know the review
    www.iamletired.com

Typhoid no está en línea Stack level 2

so whats the good word?

BCoop8184 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32B12DA7

I usually just go to accuweather.com in the browser, I think that that works really well.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

I use the BB weather app, its a program that you can run. It shows you graphical current weather stats, and you can get a forcast, it isn't messages pushed to your phone.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jpoglajen no está en línea Stack level 1

Check meteo-si. It is a simple weather application, works on different mobile phones, including BB (tested on 8100, 8700 and 8800). You may download it from getjar. Copied from meteo-si:

GFS forecast for the next 72 hours in 3 hour intervals (temperature, cloud cover, humidity, wind speed and direction, precipitation). Forecasts are calculated for over 2.000.000 locations in the world or any other location that is manually entered.

Mobile meteo-si

New mobile meteo version:
    NEW! Satellite images (9 images from 4 satellites - Visibility & IR) - World

NEW! Current weather - 7000 locations - World
    NEW! Weather - 2.000.000 locations - World

Meteo-si, free World weather forecasts, current weather and satellite pictures on mobile phone and maps

Supported mobile weather forecasts:
    -World: GFS 55 km (for 72 hours: Wind speed&direction, Temp, Rel.humidity, Cloud cover, Rain, 2.000.000 locations),
    -The Adriatic: Aladin 10km (for 48 hours: Wind speed&direction),
    -The Adriatic/Istria: Aladin/ DADA 2.5km (for 48 hours: Wind speed&direction),
    -Slovenia: Aladin 9.5km (for 48 hours: Wind speed&direction).

The use of Meteo-si service is free of charge!

The mobile weather package can be downloaded from wap page: wap.meteo-si.com.
    -for all those who actively spend their leisure time in the open air, in nature and are interested in detailed, mobile weather picture information on the weather forecast
    -mobile weather information is available immediately and everywhere
    -it enables a quick view of the weather conditions via mobile phone

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

I just use the local weather channel in Viigo. It's quick, no unnecessary info, and it's constantly updated.

PIN/ID
    n/a

Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta View Post
    I use the BB weather app, its a program that you can run. It shows you graphical current weather stats, and you can get a forcast, it isn't messages pushed to your phone.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    So this is an actual app you can check when you want? I don't know, but I though I read somewhere that BB Weather is only push messages. If it's not, any chance you can post some screen shots?
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!