I have tried everything, spent 3 hours in chat with AT&T data support trying to ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5

gmail not working with BIS on a 8100

Advertisement

I have tried everything, spent 3 hours in chat with AT&T data support trying to set up a simple gmail account. I have deleted and added the gmail account, have done a hard reset, then even a device wipe(complete) reinstalled the OS.....ect, ect. I still cannot get gmail to send my mail! Anyone? Please. I have BIS through AT&T and it's on a 8100c. I have enabled POP and set up IMAP still nothing. Now my @att.blackberry.net email dosen't work either. Thanks

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    http://www.google.com/m/products

This has a link of mobile products for google. On there should still she the soo for setting up a Gmail account on your BB. For your att account go to the setup for you're email and resend your service books. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks Jonny, but I have done that like 5 times already with no luck. I even did it when I was in chat with data tech support and it still didn't work. Tech support sent my service books at least 3 times. You don't think it could a hardware issue do you? Like I said, my @att.blackberry.net mail has stopped working too. It's like the push has gone away.

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    That could be a possibility. Either try one of two things have tech support remove your blackberry plan and re add it or you may have to reload the OS~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Well I reloaded the OS last night after Tech support told me to do a wipe. I used jl cmndr. So I guess the next thing is to contact them again and try the data plan removal. After that it's a new BB. Thanks

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~im going to have a few people look into this. Hold on. We will see if we can get any other answers

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    OK. Quick question. Have you changed anything on the account recently? AT&T is notorious for dropping or changing BlackBerry service when any change is made on the account. I would guess that about 25% of the AT&T BlackBerry calls I get in the office end up being that - they switch from Enterprise to Internet, or drop BlackBerry service completely!

Second, are you getting any of the AT&T Service Books? Browser (Media Net), IPPP, WAP2, WAP Push, MMS?
    JerryD

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yeah that's what I was thinking it could be. But wasn't sure.

benritmeyer no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    If nothing is working it sounds like its at their end and that the tariff isnt actually activated. is your GPRS symbol in the right hand corner in capitals??

Just an update, It turns out that my Pearl has bit the dust. I have a new one on the way. The last thing tech support tried was removing data plan provisions and then reprovisionong....nothing. Could send emails all day long but coundn't recieve. My wonderful "refurbished" Pearl should be here any day. Thanks for all the help. My apologies to the mods for posting in the wrong forum.

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    how is the new device holding up?
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

jonny, you're not going to believe this but I'm having the same issue. I got my replacement today, configured everything and no email!. Was in chat again for about 30 mins and they told me to call RIM. It must be something that I have done. All worked great until I changed my email to a gmail account. Now my @att.blackberry.net account won't even work. Data tech support for ATT said that he was "stumped". It makes no sense.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    Can you receive pin messages to the device? Also did you restore data from your old device to the new one. Could be a corrupt message database if you can send but not recieve.

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    So there is no email accounts at all. What does it tell you when you try to configure the email accounts?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~