So I love the idea of having my entire personal gmail account accessible without taking ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

biiscit no está en línea Stack level 1

Gmail Mobile 2.0 isn't push?! why, how?

Advertisement

So I love the idea of having my entire personal gmail account accessible without taking storage space on the phone. However, the gmail mobile app isn't push! It seems to take forever to get notifications of new mail. Any one know how often it checks for new mail? And if the duration can be change?

Thanks.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    You can always add it to your Blackberry account. Then it would be push. It will only be pushed when it's attached to your acount.

biiscit no está en línea Stack level 1
    You mean attach the application to my account? Or simply add my gmail account as another email account so that it shows up in 'messages'? The reason I didn't want to do the latter is that the bb only saves messages for 30 days and that it would take up space on the phone.

I suppose I could have both running, one to archive and one for push, but it seems redundant.

sumthinnew no está en línea Stack level 2
    Lose the Gmail app and add your @gmail account to your BB. 30days expiry no problem, save the emails and you will have no problems.

wibbly no está en línea Stack level 3
    You can set the BB to keep emails up to the limit of it's available memory. 30 days is only a default. I had 7000/6 month's historical emails in mine at one point. The GMail app isn't push, and you can't choose it's polloing period, end of story. It'll also likely be less data efficient than the built-in email integration client, which may be important if you're roaming.

I integrate GMail with the BB's buily-in capabilities (and BIS). I also have the Gmail clinet installed, but I only use it occasionally to search my GMail archive if necessary, and I don't leave it running, or have it notify me of anything when it is running.