I've recently had a problem wiht GMail freezing my 8830. It was fine when I ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

larryw no está en línea Stack level 2

GMail freezing my 8830

Advertisement

I've recently had a problem wiht GMail freezing my 8830. It was fine when I installed it as a stand-alone application, but after I got tricky and installed the Google Services with Google maps, it freezes the BB up solid when I launch it. No error, no cursor, the BB won't even go to sleep after this: battery pull time. I've tried removing the Google Services and just installing the GMail app, but that didn't help any. Google Maps runs fine.

I have a VZW 8830 with the most current software. Beyond the factory software goodies, I have Viggo, BBWeather Stock Viewer and 411. No odd themes or other funkiness.

Anyone else seen this and have any idea what's going on/fixes?

thx,
    L
    Last edited by larryw; 10-15-2007 at 08:04 PM.

iamsteelio no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: GMail freezing my 8830

I had the same issue, went from stand alone gmail and google maps to google services and had my curve freeze. Deleted the google services apps and reinstalled stand alone versions of gmail and google maps and have had no issues. Not sure what the difference between the apps is.