Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Anyone have a zip of the files for the non-ota people? thanks very much in ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

rhanasab no está en línea Stack level 1

Zip? Alx? Cod? Jad? Jar?

Advertisement

Anyone have a zip of the files for the non-ota people?
    thanks very much in advance.

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4
    Does it still only ever deliver emails every X minutes?

goldenhours no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by naviwilliams View Post
    Does it still only ever deliver emails every X minutes?
    Delivery seems to be much more up to speed now. Had both my bb inbox and gmail running on the same email account today for testers, and mails arrived pretty much at the same time, with gmail behind BIS by less than a minute in most cases.

buckeye81 no está en línea Stack level 1
    a couple other improvements...

now immediately sends outgoing messages in teh background... for someone who does several emails at once, this is a major improvement.

also, it's much faster, even with SSL selected. and in the To: field, you can now start with the person's last name instead of having to start with the first name as in 1.5.1

this is a good improvement. next step would be to add/edit contacts, add/edit/view labels on each message in the inbox (so you can know whether or not it's labeled and thus ready to be archived)

the old version also had the option of including the "sent from gmail"... this still does, but the old version also included it in the message that you typed, so you had the option to delete it on a case by case basis. this is no longer available..

smoothballer no está en línea Stack level 1
    They still need to add a copy function for incoming messages.

sarag693 no está en línea Stack level 1

uninstall older versions?

I don't know if anyone had this problem, but i updated to gmail 1.5 recently and now there are two versions of gmail on my phone... and i can't seem to figure out how to get rid of the old one. I don't want to upgrade to v2 and end up with 3 versions... so if i could fix this first it would be great!!
    Thanks!

ebloomsie no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had the issue with multiple icons/versions (though desktop manager showed only one) at first. After a few battery pulls, the old one finally disappeared.

I have run in to an issue where the notifier goes off that I have new Gmail, but when I go to the app, the inbox hasn't automatically refreshed. Somewhat annoying.

cameleon no está en línea Stack level 1
    Can the font size be increased? Previous version allowed this but it seems this new version does not.

IronHide no está en línea Stack level 1
    Running very nicely on my BB 8310 with 4.5.0.52. Much faster than 1.5 and can finally check my other accounts without logging out & logging back in.
    Very nice upgrade!
    It is better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

vlens no está en línea Stack level 1

Question what for?

guys,

please allow my (naive?) question:

why would I need gmail for blackberry?
    I use the BB built-in mail application to push my gmail
    to the device (9000)..., so what do I need another mail
    application for?

thanks

vlens

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye81 View Post
    a couple other improvements...

now immediately sends outgoing messages in teh background... for someone who does several emails at once, this is a major improvement.

also, it's much faster, even with SSL selected. and in the To: field, you can now start with the person's last name instead of having to start with the first name as in 1.5.1

this is a good improvement. next step would be to add/edit contacts, add/edit/view labels on each message in the inbox (so you can know whether or not it's labeled and thus ready to be archived)

the old version also had the option of including the "sent from gmail"... this still does, but the old version also included it in the message that you typed, so you had the option to delete it on a case by case basis. this is no longer available..
    That is actually an interesting change. For me at least... thanks for pointing it out.

Love having Gmail app on the phone. Even though I have Gmail come to the phone, I have had Gmail for quite a while. So, if I ever need to find an ancient email, I can get it on the go.

LunkHead no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by cameleon View Post
    Can the font size be increased? Previous version allowed this but it seems this new version does not.
    Not that I can find.... I loved the larger font option in the previous version...

Kris

extraducksauce no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by peterme View Post
    OS 4.2 only? Anyone running it on 4.5?
    tried installing it on 8320 (4.5.0.52) with no luck. blah......

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I want to understand what the benefit of having this Gmail app when we can get it via our BB Push email on BIS?

Is this for those who do not have BIS or BES service?

Thanks

Oh and I cannot select to copy any text in there as one person said we can do. What must I do in order to do that?
    Last edited by alwaysbelieve1; 09-06-2008 at 01:56 PM.
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

c0rinne no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240C94BF
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysbelieve1 View Post
    I want to understand what the benefit of having this Gmail app when we can get it via our BB Push email on BIS?

Is this for those who do not have BIS or BES service?

Thanks

Oh and I cannot select to copy any text in there as one person said we can do. What must I do in order to do that?
    It allows you to access your actual gmail account. Reading/deleting messages on your bb is great, but they're still there in your gmail account. Also, you can access your archives, trash, draft, etc. boxes as well. And e.g., if you have a gmail contact that you need to email but it's not on your bb, then you can still email them from the app. You'll just have to look at it to see all the other features. I use it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast