Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Yeahh I'm having the same issues as junglist and typeoholic.... Getting these error messages can ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

ldeaton05 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Yeahh I'm having the same issues as junglist and typeoholic.... Getting these error messages can someone kind of start over and reiterate the steps necessary to fix that exact problem of it saying not supported on this device this is for an 8100...I have the 8100, with 4.5.x as the operating system... Don't use aim often but would like to

BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

darylxnelson no está en línea Stack level 1
    hey J@ricanese can you please help me installing aim onto my phone. I got cingular curve 8300 with v4.5 os. i dont quite understand what to do about your service books and aim links. please help with instructions on how i get it onto my phone. i would gladly appreciate it and will be more than happy to donate. ive been trying to get the aim 2.0 but i still dont get it. thanks!

simeezee no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C1928
    Thanks you so much J@ricanese. Got my AIM to work.

skkhai no está en línea Stack level 1
    Anybody kind enough to upload the service books under a different host? J@ricanese's links are under maintenance.

Natoshia no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24B6C73B
    I just downloaded the service books from the link posted by J@ricanese and they worked. what I did was:

1. download the service books
    2. saved them in my blackberry backup's folder
    3. opened dm
    4. clicked on backup and restore
    5. click on the aim service books file
    6. restored the aim service books
    7. resent my service books from the tmobile website

and now my aim is working
    Last edited by Natoshia; 10-05-2008 at 06:58 PM.

MRSONPOINT no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21735FA7
    Real talk, is there any1 from nyc (brooklyn) that can do this 4 me. Cuz I don't have a clue

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mcm310 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by J@ricanese View Post
    Okay so I'm going to post BOTH uploads here. My service books and the cod files for AIM 2.0.4.6.

Copy and paste the AIM 2.0.4.6 files into the

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8320-v4.5.0.44_P2.7.0.61

directory to load it properly in App Loader. If you are using something else besides beta os 4.5.0.44, then remember to replace the /8320-v4.5.0.44_P2.7.0.61/ with your appropriate folder.

*note* If you don't have T-Mobile, some people have suggested removing every instance of "vendor ID = 100" from the AIM.alx file. This seems to enable it to work in Desktop Manager for non-T-Mobile phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Natoshia View Post
    I just downloaded the service books from the link posted by J@ricanese and they worked. what I did was:

1. download the service books
    2. saved them in my blackberry backup's folder
    3. opened dm
    4. clicked on backup and restore
    5. click on the aim service books file
    6. restored the aim service books
    7. resent my service books from the tmobile website

and now my aim is working
    I put the aim files and service books in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8700-v4.5.0.55_P2.7.0.68\AIM 2.0.4.6 BlackBerry" as listed by J@ricanese, and then followed Natoshia's instructions... however it still says "Service not enabled for this handheld".

When "restoring" the service books (#5 above) it says "The data in the following databases will replace the current data on your device. Do you wish to proceed?" but then has nothing listed in the table below it...

I have T-Mobile, 8700, OS 4.5.0.55. And I'm on BES, could that be causing the problem?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Last edited by mcm310; 10-09-2008 at 02:36 AM.

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by mcm310 View Post
    I put the aim files and service books in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8700-v4.5.0.55_P2.7.0.68\AIM 2.0.4.6 BlackBerry" as listed by J@ricanese, and then followed Natoshia's instructions... however it still says "Service not enabled for this handheld".

When "restoring" the service books (#5 above) it says "The data in the following databases will replace the current data on your device. Do you wish to proceed?" but then has nothing listed in the table below it...

I have T-Mobile, 8700, OS 4.5.0.55. And I'm on BES, could that be causing the problem?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    When restoring the service books you aren't suppose to use DM.

Instead go to options, advanced, hot routing table on ur phone and reactivate it to get your original service books sent to you. If you use DM u over write the aim service books.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by J@ricanese View Post
    When restoring the service books you aren't suppose to use DM.

Instead go to options, advanced, hot routing table on ur phone and reactivate it to get your original service books sent to you. If you use DM u over write the aim service books.
    Hmmm okay. Before I went to my.t-mobile.com to resend them. Same effect i'm guessing?

I just tried it through the routing table and it still didnt work. When selecting your service book file it says "The data in the following databases will replace the current data on your device. Do you wish to proceed?" it has nothing listed in the table below it...shouldn't it list something?

Thanks!
    Last edited by mcm310; 10-09-2008 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcm310 View Post
    I just tried it through the routing table and it still didnt work. When selecting your service book file it says "The data in the following databases will replace the current data on your device. Do you wish to proceed?" it has nothing listed in the table below it...shouldn't it list something?

Thanks!

Tried it again, still no luck. Any thoughts?

whoiskookz no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ok I dnt got the shared folder in my research in motion folder do u kno wut the problem is?

vidrio2289 no está en línea Stack level 1
    download link for servicebooks are no longer public?
    I haven't got to download them

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by vidrio2289 View Post
    download link for servicebooks are no longer public?
    I haven't got to download them
    No they expired awhile ago. What phone do you have? Internet service? Pretty much all the carriers are supporting the instant messengers as they are suppose to so you really shouldn't need this thread for that exact reason. What's your problem?

deathsex no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm using the Blackberry 8220 on AT&T and I'm getting the same message " Service not supported...". Should I log-in to my BIS and resend the books or should I delete the app and then re-download through my handset?

antoinetteL3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yes, try and do that. It worked for me.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast