Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

8100 on T-Mobile. 4.5.0.42. Sent the service books, no sign of the AIM books. EDIT: ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

ConstantineXVI no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244EB7DA

Advertisement

8100 on T-Mobile. 4.5.0.42. Sent the service books, no sign of the AIM books.

EDIT: Loaded your books from Desktop Manager, resent my own, and everything works fine. But I thought you said T-Mobile was sending the AIM books to everyone now?
    Last edited by ConstantineXVI; 06-25-2008 at 09:18 AM.

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by ConstantineXVI View Post
    8100 on T-Mobile. 4.5.0.42. Sent the service books, no sign of the AIM books.

EDIT: Loaded your books from Desktop Manager, resent my own, and everything works fine. But I thought you said T-Mobile was sending the AIM books to everyone now?
    That's what I heard, otherise I don't understand how I got them lol.

PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTabs View Post
    how do i install the service book?
    U need to use Desktop Manager to load them onto your BB. Then from your BlackBerry reset your own service books.

evilcaptain no está en línea Stack level 3
    I used javaloader and was able to put AIM 2.0 on my curve. I used the service book that was posted on another thread and it worked like a charm. Thanks to all who worked on this.

sanzen71 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by evilcaptain View Post
    I used javaloader and was able to put AIM 2.0 on my curve. I used the service book that was posted on another thread and it worked like a charm. Thanks to all who worked on this.
    Is it possible for you to upload your service books that worked for you?

evilcaptain no está en línea Stack level 3
    I used J@ricanese's service books.

That link to his service books are on the thread you (Sanzen71) started.
    Last edited by evilcaptain; 06-25-2008 at 03:35 PM. Reason: forgot to include

NotYaAverageBro no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30C478BE
    4.5 is available for Sprint at all, but I am going to try this and see if it works.

sanzen71 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by evilcaptain View Post
    I used J@ricanese's service books.

That link to his service books are on the thread you (Sanzen71) started.
    just checking to see if they were different. so yours is working and you used the same ones as J@ricanese

PIN/ID
    30C478BE
    I finally have 4.5 on my Sprint 8830. I backed up the service books from above, and it did not work, in fact, I had to resend my serivce books. What is really throwing me off is that if I look on my service books on my device,I see several listings for AOL. Odd. I have JLCommander, so if some instruction could be given using that, that would be nice.

PIN/ID
    ASK
    Well some people saying that they can't get AIM 2.0 now so ima upload the cod file as well.

PIN/ID
    ASK
    Okay so I'm going to post BOTH uploads here. My service books and the cod files for AIM 2.0.4.6.

AIM 2.0.4.6
    My Service Books

Copy and paste the AIM 2.0.4.6 files into the

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8320-v4.5.0.44_P2.7.0.61

directory to load it properly in App Loader. If you are using something else besides beta os 4.5.0.44, then remember to replace the /8320-v4.5.0.44_P2.7.0.61/ with your appropriate folder.

*note* If you don't have T-Mobile, some people have suggested removing every instance of "vendor ID = 100" from the AIM.alx file. This seems to enable it to work in Desktop Manager for non-T-Mobile phones.
    Last edited by Jaricanese; 06-25-2008 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Added note

mccx33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215b70b5
    Thank you SO much! You have no idea how long I have been waiting for that service book... I think I love you! But seriously, I appreciate you!
    ...& that's pretty much it!

PIN/ID
    30C478BE
    I think I have the trick to get this working on your device. You have to go into the AIM.alx file and remove ALL references to vendor ID = 100.

I think that vendor ID is for T-Mobile. Before when I tried to add the application, I received a message something along the lines of "no additional software for this device", but once I removed the ALL references (including the whole line about fileset at the top) I was able to load this via Desktop Manager.

And now finally, I have AIM 2.0 back on my device. Dude, J@ricanese, thank you so much!

P.S. I have some kind of weird font on my device now, but putting back all of the .cod files I had removed, plus I can't seem to send an IM, but I can log on. Weird, I will restart the device, resend some books and get back.
    Last edited by NotYaAverageBro; 06-25-2008 at 09:48 PM.

PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by mccx33 View Post
    Thank you SO much! You have no idea how long I have been waiting for that service book... I think I love you! But seriously, I appreciate you!
    Quote Originally Posted by NotYaAverageBro View Post
    I think I have the trick to get this working on your device. You have to go into the AIM.alx file and remove ALL references to vendor ID = 100.

I think that vendor ID is for T-Mobile. Before when I tried to add the application, I received a message something along the lines of "no additional software for this device", but once I removed the ALL references (including the whole line about fileset at the top) I was able to load this via Desktop Manager.

And now finally, I have AIM 2.0 back on my device. Dude, J@ricanese, thank you so much!
    Hey guys just pass up some trust my way lol.

PIN/ID
    30C478BE
    Quote Originally Posted by J@ricanese View Post
    Hey guys just pass up some trust my way lol.
    I did!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast