Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Hey Harry B I tried your suggestion about reinstalling but I get ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

bafil no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    246de862

Re: Get 411/local search, stock quotes, weather, news, book review on your mobile

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hey Harry B

I tried your suggestion about reinstalling but I get the samething. I tried it both ways you suggested reinstalling and still no luck. I am using a T-mo 8100 pearl running .73 OS. Any other suggestions?

BBadBoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4010DD80

Re: Get 411/local search, stock quotes, weather, news, book review on your mobile

I tried to use the ota download, but it didn't work for me. When I clicked on the "download" link, all it did was being me back to the same web page.

harry_b no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by BBadBoy
    I tried to use the ota download, but it didn't work for me. When I clicked on the "download" link, all it did was being me back to the same web page.

To download you will need to visit the page http://www.maufait.com/download.php from your mobile browser. Since there are two versions of maufait, one for Blackberry and one for all other MIDP phones, we disabled download through PC to avoid confusion and errors.

PIN/ID
    246de862

hi again

Well I tried another try and still no luck. Here's what I tried. First I deleted my existing copy of the program. Then I cleared my browser cache, ran memory cleaner, cleared my event logs, resent my service books, reregistered on the network and finally a battery pull. After that I reinstalled using the OTA. Before I started the program I did another battery pull. After that I then tried again to run the program. I put in my 10 digit phone number, then a password then my zip. At that point I click the BB menu button and select save. Then it looks like the software is transferrind data (the blue arrows in the upper right hand corner blinking) then all of a sudden it just goes back to the home screen. This happens over and over and it does not save my info either. What next???

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I was not impressed with the program. Didn't offer anything new. Google and beyond 411 offers the same info plus more. It loaded up fine and ran quickly but it was very simple. What makes this product stand out from the rest? Maybe once the features are a 100% this would be worth trying but until then it takes up precious memory. I have to admit the idea is great. It is a work in progress though

aimeekelley no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    askme

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~tried to download twice, second time from the website, same thing both times, entered my info, saved it and nothing happened. Will wait until all the bugs are worked out!

Quote Originally Posted by aimeekelley
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~tried to download twice, second time from the website, same thing both times, entered my info, saved it and nothing happened. Will wait until all the bugs are worked out!
    ARE you ising blackberry 8100?

To all maufait users,

WE JUST FIXED THE PROBLEM

Sorry for the inconvenience if you encountered a problem of "Maufait not launching after the profile form was filled out"

similar to the problem encountered by bafil and aimeekelley

We just found that when downloading via Opera browser, the script was pushing the non blackberry version of maufait. It did the same in some instances as well. That could have caused the problem. We have now listed blackberry and non blackberry versions on the download page. So users can pick the download.

Thanks for understanding

Please let me know how it goes

PIN/ID
    246de862

Hey Harry_b

That sounds like good news I will try it again. Just to let you know, I wasn't using opera the other times I was trying to download and install, just the regular BB browser. I will keep you posted if it worked or not

PIN/ID
    246de862

Well I tried it AGAIN still no luck. I went to your page and used your link for just blackberry and I got the same results.

Quote Originally Posted by ziminvades
    I was not impressed with the program. Didn't offer anything new. Google and beyond 411 offers the same info plus more. It loaded up fine and ran quickly but it was very simple. What makes this product stand out from the rest? Maybe once the features are a 100% this would be worth trying but until then it takes up precious memory. I have to admit the idea is great. It is a work in progress though
    Hi Ziminvades

How is maufait different?

I'm not comparing maufait to any other app. Beyond411 is a great app. I used it before maufait. We designed maufait because we didn't find what we wanted in the apps out there.

- As you just mentioned in your post Maufait simple to use and easy interface
    - mostly one/two click to get the info
    - Less clicks, more done and relevant information is our goal
    - Its fast
    - Because of the midlet-to-web model upgrades are automatically available no need for multiple downloads.
    - Works on most java phones
    - Takes less space, very light on the phone and battery
    - Check international weather if you travel a lot

We just added driving directions to yellow pages. Check it out

We appreciate all feedback to improve maufait
    Last edited by harry_b; 04-16-2007 at 07:34 PM.

We made driving dierctions live today. This feature is active for all local/411 serach results.would appreciate all feed back.

path4play no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok, harry. Tried your directions and pretty cool. Could I suggest this as a stand alone feature? Also, would be nice if I could change the start location. But at any rate, I'm mainly finding weather useful as a quick check in the morning to see if I should ride my motorcycle to work.

PIN/ID
    246de862

Still doesnt work for me even after a "new version" was emailt to me. I give up and Ill stick with just 411. To bad though. I was trying my hardest with it oh well
    d:)
    F!L

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12