I am having trouble getting my Google Calendar to properly sync with m BB Pearl. ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Io
    Io no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Gcal sync

Advertisement

I am having trouble getting my Google Calendar to properly sync with m BB Pearl. It works right most of the time. But some entries it screws up. I'll enter it into Google Cal and when it syncs, it will move the event up an hour in my BB cal. Any ideas? This seems to happen with events several weeks in advance. If I put a reminder in for tomorrow, it's fine. But if I add one for two months from now, it screws up the time. Anyone else had this problem?

tdisom no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Gcal sync

From my experience, gcal sync will not work. I would get the io.something error every time I try to open the program. I updated to all the latest updates still nothing and all of a sudden on the website it said further support and work on the program has stopped or something to that nature. By then I had had it with Gcal. so i searched google with the key word Google sync and found a program called "google calender sync" that has worked perfectly since its install. Try it and it should handle your problem delete gcal first though. Let me know if it helps or not. I would post the link but I have to read up on the do's and don'ts so I don't get myself in trouble. lol
    Cannnnnt Stoooooooop Tyyyyyyyping!!!!

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3

Here's the OTA link to Google's official Google Sync:

http://m.google.com/sync

Io

That's actually what I'm using. I just forgot the actual name, but it is the official sync program from Google and I absolutely love it. However, that doesn't change the problem I have with a few of these entries.

Sorry, there's actually another app called Gcal Sync, so the title of your thread is confusing. Are all the times showing up correctly in your Google calendar? My wife just noticed a problem with her Google calendar where the times for events she created that occur after the Daylight Savings time change (next Sunday) got shifted an hour. She was able to fix it just by deleting the events and creating them again. If that's not it, you might verify that the time zones set in both Google Calendar and on your BlackBerry match up.

Io

Quote Originally Posted by bonebox View Post
    My wife just noticed a problem with her Google calendar where the times for events she created that occur after the Daylight Savings time change (next Sunday) got shifted an hour. She was able to fix it just by deleting the events and creating them again. If that's not it, you might verify that the time zones set in both Google Calendar and on your BlackBerry match up.
    That could be it. I'll check that out. I've re-entered it several times, but I'll wait until after Daylight savings time. That's a good point. Thanks.

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

I am also having problems with my google calendar. I have the mobile synce etc...

My problem though is that I am getting the same appointment doubled up in both my google calendar and my BB one. Also, when I enter something in my BB as an all day appointment for example and then sync it with google it comes back all screwed up.

A fellow stacker told me to flash my BB and reload everything BUT the calendar....so then I did that and had to go back into the google calendar and fix everything that was doubled up in there. I am hoping it is going to work this time because I can't stand seeing the same thing in there three times or it blocking off my whole day instead of just having it at the top of my day.
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

jsweetser2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241EC7CA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~okay, google sync should only be used once- for the original sync. After that you'll just end up doubling and tripling your events. Set it to auto sync and every few hours it'll talk to your calendasr and update.

Since I stopped using my Gsync button I've had no problems.

Well I'm lying, I've had one problem, when I put an event to cycle once a week and end on may 9th, when My BB auto syncs it comes back as a non-repeated event on the day previous- with a may 9th end date.

Kinda wierd so I just re-did the event with no end date and it returned fine, I'll just turn off the cycling manually when May 9th comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by monica.simons View Post
    I am also having problems with my google calendar. I have the mobile synce etc...

My problem though is that I am getting the same appointment doubled up in both my google calendar and my BB one. Also, when I enter something in my BB as an all day appointment for example and then sync it with google it comes back all screwed up.

A fellow stacker told me to flash my BB and reload everything BUT the calendar....so then I did that and had to go back into the google calendar and fix everything that was doubled up in there. I am hoping it is going to work this time because I can't stand seeing the same thing in there three times or it blocking off my whole day instead of just having it at the top of my day.
    I've had that happen a couple times. I've been able to fix it by doing the following steps.
    1. Log out of Google Sync (it should delete your calendar entries on your BlackBerry that you had synced, but doesn't always remove them all).
    2. Double check your BlackBerry calendar that all entries have actually been deleted, and delete any that remain. This step is important because if any entries still exist in your BB calendar and also exist in your Google Calendar, they will get duplicated when you re-sync.
    3. Delete any duplicate events that exist in Google calendar
    4. Log back in to Google Sync to re-sync and it should be fixed

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

That's exactly what I did and it worked....for now
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

Io

Smile

Apparently my problem properly syncing to google calendar was because I had never installed the daylight savings time (DST) patch. I installed the patch, then re-synced and it worked.

furtive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7a47e9f3
    My calendaring is pretty bizarre, spread across a Mac and a PC, using Google Calendar as the source of truth.

PC (Vista/Office 2007) <---->via GSync (http://www.daveswebsite.com/software/gsync/) <----> Google Calendar <---->via SpanningSync <---->iCal<---->Entourage 2008

Google Sync works well for the most part - the problem I've had was with reoccurring events.

This is all FWIW - no real point meant by this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Io View Post
    I am having trouble getting my Google Calendar to properly sync with m BB Pearl. It works right most of the time. But some entries it screws up. I'll enter it into Google Cal and when it syncs, it will move the event up an hour in my BB cal. Any ideas? This seems to happen with events several weeks in advance. If I put a reminder in for tomorrow, it's fine. But if I add one for two months from now, it screws up the time. Anyone else had this problem?

Sounds like you didn't install the Day Light Savings Time patch. If not install it and go to your google account fix your calender and then sync. Also I had the google mobile software and the two would conflict that could be an issue. If so uninstall go online (PC) and fix you events then sync.

Quote Originally Posted by Io View Post
    Apparently my problem properly syncing to google calendar was because I had never installed the daylight savings time (DST) patch. I installed the patch, then re-synced and it worked.
    Sorry about the redundant post I read your reply in an email alert and this was not it. Glad your up and running.