How can I make International calls for free? FUTUREPHONE Simply call one of the domestic ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

FuturePhone: Free International Calling To 50+ Countries Across The Globe

Advertisement

How can I make International calls for free?

Simply call one of the domestic USA phone numbers from your home, office or mobile phone to be connected to our gateway. Once it answers, dial in the number you want to reach.

Make Your Call

1. Dial one of the Gateway access numbers listed in the box below on the left hand side.
    2. When the gateway answers, enter 011 then the country code and number you want to reach (mobile users, do not hit SEND - the call will go through on it's own). For Canada dial 1 plus the area code and number.
    3. Wait a few moments for your call to ring through and then enjoy your free call.
    1. No signup necessary
    2. Complete Privacy
    3. Unlimited Calls
    4. Call anywhere/anytime
    Frequently Asked Questions:

Where can I call?

Use the drop down list from the home page (Available Country code and Prefix list) to access our list of 54 countries.
    ANTARCTICA
    ARGENTINA
    AUSTRALIA
    AUSTRIA
    BANGLADESH
    BELGIUM
    BRAZIL
    CANADA
    CHILE
    CHINA
    CYPRUS
    CZECH REPUBLIC
    DENMARK
    ESTONIA
    FRANCE
    GERMANY
    GREECE
    GUAM
    HONG KONG
    HUNGARY
    ICELAND
    IRAN
    IRELAND
    ISRAEL
    ITALY
    LUXEMBOURG
    MALAYSIA
    MEXICO
    NETHERLANDS
    NEW ZEALAND
    NORWAY
    PANAMA
    PERU
    POLAND
    PORTUGAL
    PUERTO RICO
    RUSSIA
    RWANDA
    SERBIA
    SEYCHELLES
    SIERRA LEONE
    SINGAPORE
    SLOVENIA
    SOUTH KOREA
    SPAIN
    ST. KITTS & NEVIS
    SWEDEN
    SWITZERLAND
    TAIWAN
    THAILAND
    TURKEY
    UNITED KINGDOM
    VATICAN CITY
    VENEZUELA

Is it really FREE?

For callers that have unlimited long distance or nationwide long distance plan’s with their cell or local service provider, yes it will be FREE. If you do not have one of those plans the international long distance portion of the call is free, and you would just pay your normal rate for a domestic long distance call.

What's the catch?

There is none. We do not require any information from you at all. We respect your privacy and want you to utilize our services without concerns about confidentiality. We simply want you to use this services, tell your friends about it and soon we will have some other
    amazing offers for you on this site.

How do I use your services?

1. Call one of our domestic access numbers listed on our home page. As noted above, this is a toll call so we recommend using your free mobile minutes or calling from a home/office phone with an unlimited domestic long distance plan to make this portion of the call free as well.

2. You will be connected with our International Gateway and will hear a message instructing you to dial your foreign destination.

3. Dial your number beginning with 011....

4. Wait for your call to be connected - it may take a few seconds. Mobile Users: DO NOT HIT SEND AFTER DIALING YOUR FOREIGN PHONE NUMBER. Hitting SEND may disconnect you from our gateway and your Mobilewill place your call on their network, at their rates, instead.

5. Enjoy your unlimited length FREE call!

Why are we giving away calls for free?

If we can gain your confidence in our company and services, we hope to introduce other products and services to you in the future.

Do I need any special equipment, or do I need to call from my PC?

No special equipment is required. Simply call our gateway number
    from any telephone you use today, including cell phones. If you want to use your PC based services to call our access number, you are welcome to.

What's The Catch?

If you don't get charged for long-distance, then there is no catch.

Basically, in short terms, thanks to the US Government giving subsidaries for business, you don't have to pay for this. Yes, tax dollars pay for it, but if you feel as if you pay enough in taxes anyways, and there are worse ways for "pork barrel spending", then you won't mind utilizing this.

BONUS FOR TMOBILE MYFAVES CUSTOMERS

Have MyFaves? Have an extra number? Then add this to your MyFaves account, and you can call as often and for as long as you wish. It's a simple US long distance call to a server with a number based in Iowa.

NOTE: There are several people who use this line, so if you call and get a busy signal or it states that there are too many users, simply try to keep calling.

Also, when you call, you will be placed on hold until a VOIP line opens up, so don't expect to be on the line with the other person immediately. Average times are about 3-5 minutes for a line to come open (depending on how many people are using the service at that particular time).

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: FuturePhone: Free International Calling To 50+ Countries Across The Globe

OOpsss...sorry about the initial picture being so bigged. I forgot to crop it before posting...Is now fixed.

RiCkGoTTi no está en línea Stack level 2

it aint working for me

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by RiCkGoTTi
    it aint working for me
    What number are you calling? And what is it doing when you try and call?

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Edit:

BTW, GATEWAY # IS:

712-945-1112

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Thx great info N8
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Also, a little explination of how this works via Alec Saunders:

So how do these services get paid, and why are the access numbers all in Iowa?

The short answer is tax subsidies. The 712 model, as I refer to it, is really a variation on the 900 number model, but financed by taxpayers. Take a low cost call, terminate on a high cost carrier, and pocket the difference.
    The first of these subsidies is the Universal Service Fund. Tiny Iowa, with just under 3 million residents last year, was the recipient of $86.5 million from the USF. The USF pays for maintenance and improvements to those local telephone plants, in addition to subsidizing user fees for local residents. The cost basis to provide service in those communities is dramatically lowered.

The second subsidy is the tarrif itself. Most Iowa telephone companies (and there are a lot!) participate in the Access Fee Pool. The NECA publishes a tarrif, which each company participating agrees to use, and then they split the revenues. The termination charges for those tarrifs are a significant source of revenue for the local companies

And, because they’re rural, the charges are often steeply higher than to terminate in an urban setting. In the “NFL” cities, you might expect to pay 6 to 8 tenths of a cent per minute for termination. The NECA tarrif is closer to 3 whole cents. Arbitrage the subsidized rural rate against your costs and, presto, you’ve got a winner!

Let’s take FuturePhone as an example. Yesterday they announced free distance to some 50 odd countries world wide. All you have to do is call 712 858 8883 (a number provided by the tiny Superior Telephone Coop in Estherville, Iowa), and then enter the international you want to make using the standard 011 prefix. Easy peasy!

So how do they make money? Since we don’t know know what FuturePhone’s actual termination costs are, let’s make an estimate. We do know that Jajah provides services to the same 50 odd countries for a retail rate of 2.5 cents per minute. So, let’s assume a 50% cost, and say that FuturePhone’s cost to terminate the call is 1.25 cents. That leaves 1.75 cents per minute to split with the folks at Superior Telephone Coop.

Give them half, which leaves you 0.875 cents per minute, and you’ve got a pretty attractive proposition! It’s certainly a lot more profitable than SipPhone, charging 1 cent per minute, and probably about as profitable as Skype at 2 cents per minute. It’ll definitely keep bread on the table.

Sounds great doesn’t it? Everybody wins! The good citizens of Iowa win (they’ve now got a fibre network joining up 150 of their independently owned telco’s), FuturePhone has a seemingly profitable business model, and you win by getting to make cheap overseas calls.

Read Entire Story on Alec Saunders Blog

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Also, if you call FuturePhone and find the lines busy, you can also try another service which is called AllFreeCalls.

Their access number is:
    712-858-8094

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Sample Number:

So I was sitting here at my desk wondering how many of you reading this are like "um...I have noone to call overseas".

Well, you can do a few things...

A: Join some chat rooms and try to find random people overseas.

B: Google search countries that are part of this, then look for the phonebooks for that area or the Contact Us page.

C: Use this following number as an example to call.
    612 9240 8500

That number is to a place in Sydney, Australia, which, SHOULD be closed right now. You will however get the voicemail that lets you know you actually called Sydney...

So when you call FuturePhone and it asks for the number, dial:
    011 612 9240 8500

Wait for a few moments of silence, then you will hear the "doot, doot".

Eventually the voicemail will pickup and give you the info.

And guys, let's not try and pull some Simpsons episode where we start calling and asking if the toilets really do flush backwards.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

N8DBB=the man

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Question!

Any pinstackers in any of the above named countries who have nothing better to do than help BB users from the US take advantage of free nights/weekend/MyFaves?

PM me if you are and maybe we can set up like a "buddy chat" thingie or whatnot for bored BB users here in the US with the times you will be available.

cali99boy no está en línea Stack level 1

this is a great service and saved me tons on international calls. Only thing that would make it better is free calls to mobile numbers.

ej
    ej no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    280A5A37

This program is great for me since I have people that I know who live in Germany and Korea. Has anyone figured out how to finagle this to call numbers in the states? I ask because wouldn't it be great if you could put this number on myfavs and make unlimited calls anytime during the day or night?
    wreckless music
    makin the hits

www.wrecklessmusic.bravehost.com

add me on myspace www.myspace.com/wreckless_music

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~this service has been diconected and
    Now what ? It didn't last two
    Weeks. Heywood J

clos36 no está en línea Stack level 2

wow this is so awesome....it would be of great use for me..but the country im looking for is not even listed =/