I have seen a lot of questions from people looking for a free GPS program. ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

tommy.heath no está en línea Stack level 2

Free talking GPS program

Advertisement

I have seen a lot of questions from people looking for a free GPS program. This one is an older version from mapquest that is free(no monthly subscription)! It has step by step audible directions. I use this on my 8310 and its the only version I have. No garauntee it will work for you. Install at your own risk. Good luck and enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files

data1025 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thank you! I have been looking for this since getting my 8320.

priliu no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203dbe85
    TKs!

vdragon no está en línea Stack level 2
    so it only works for the 8310? will it "damage" my 8100 if i installed it on there and it wont work?

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Thanks for the zip file

hpak no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hey, I had this version of Mapquest on my bb before & I loved it. It kept working even after they went to a pay service, but it no longer does. It says that my trial is over & that I'll need to purchase to continue using it.

I really liked Mapquest & have been looking for a replacement that's just as good or better, but no luck.

I've tried amAze, Nav4all & others, but they all leave something to be desired.

I wouldn't mind a reasonable 1 time fee, but a monthly service charge is out of the question. After all, the satellite & positioning is already paid for through my tax dollars!

Anyways, if anybody has something that comes close to or better than Mapquest at a reasonable (free is better ofcourse) price, let me know.

I believe this version will lock you out after 30 days.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tommy.heath no está en línea Stack level 2
    I am not sure if it will work on your 8100. It shouldn't damage it it just may not work. I have had it for a couple moths now without any issues and haven't been locked out of it ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

wojc0008 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Sucks they make you pay for it now.

ineedspeed no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24270d4c
    Like you, I liked Mapquest and when my free version stopped working I went ahead and paid for the subscription. It's less than $50.00 for a full year, for me it was an easy decision.

Since I am a gadget geek it was cheaper for me to go this route than to buy one of the standalone handheld GPS devices. I tend to replace this type of stuff once a year either by selling it or giving it away. The $50 is less than what I would have spent and the license is tranferable to another device from what I understand. So by the time that new 9000 is out I should be able to trnasfer my program over to it.

What one pays for is not the GPS reception, rather it is for the navigation service.

Quote Originally Posted by hpak View Post
    Hey, I had this version of Mapquest on my bb before & I loved it. It kept working even after they went to a pay service, but it no longer does. It says that my trial is over & that I'll need to purchase to continue using it.

I really liked Mapquest & have been looking for a replacement that's just as good or better, but no luck.

I wouldn't mind a reasonable 1 time fee, but a monthly service charge is out of the question. After all, the satellite & positioning is already paid for through my tax dollars!

Anyways, if anybody has something that comes close to or better than Mapquest at a reasonable (free is better ofcourse) price, let me know.

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    Quote Originally Posted by hpak View Post

i agree i dont mind paying once but not every month but then again i pay like 45$ for a two year on my antivirus for my home computer so i guess it depends how you want to look at it everyone is different

fmastr no está en línea Stack level 1
    Nav4All is free and announces turns ....... its a great application ......

www.nav4all.com