Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

We, Skyward Mobile , have just released a free search app for BBs called SkySearch ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

skyward no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Free Search app for BBs

Advertisement

We, Skyward Mobile, have just released a free search app for BBs called SkySearch and would love to get some feedback!

Go here on your berries to get it or type m.skwdm.com!!

If you have any comments/questions, please feel free to e-mail pinstack@skywardmobile.com.

Thanks to all!!
    Last edited by skyward; 04-08-2008 at 04:45 PM.

pwaugh no está en línea Stack level 2
    What is the benefit (justifying the cost of a subscription) over all the free services like:

Berry411, InfoSpace FindIt, Boobsie, Goog-411, etc.

Not knocking your program, just asking.

It is free!! Thanks for catching the "Free Trial" error, we've already fixed it!

epiticus1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Seems to work pretty good. Just wish you had the option to download the images. I will say that I am impressed with being able to zoom in on the images. I'm going to check this out further and leave some more feedback for you. Thanks for the app.

adperdue no está en línea Stack level 2
    I get the requested page cannot be shown error. Got another link?

Quote Originally Posted by adperdue View Post
    I get the requested page cannot be shown error. Got another link?

We have found and fixed the problem. It should be working now.

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    I keep getting 907 Invalid Jar,
    Invalid cod file

I looked up PinStack under web and it was blank. I mean, no information. Also, when you go to video it will play but you can't pause it and if you close the browser it continues to play on your icon screen. The only thing that works is that you get to zoom on a picture. You can't even change the settings or control the information. This app needs a lot of work.

zakz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hmm..
    Interesting way of searching. That impressed me. Uses google as its search engine, youtube for videos. N still retains their clean presentation-all white n not cluttered with ads or links. Very easy to use. I like the way u don't have to click anything to go to the next item, just scroll towards the right n it shows the results one by one. I was able to view 50 images in a breeze. U also get the ability to zoom in on the pics. So far I like it.
    Now the cons.
    U don't have the ability to save the pictures. N I noticed after the 4th search result, u get an ad(tho u can easily scroll right past it-its freebie anyway so that's no biggie),
    Also u can't control the volume of the vids. I tried at @ work n it was too loud. My bb vol controls weren't reducing the vol n the player doesn't have the vol controller.
    also sometimes it gets stuck, like I was looking at videos n couldn't get past the 5th video.
    Overall I think its a nice app. Will try it out som more.

skyward-dev no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by epiticus1 View Post

I looked up PinStack under web and it was blank. I mean, no information. Also, when you go to video it will play but you can't pause it and if you close the browser it continues to play on your icon screen. The only thing that works is that you get to zoom on a picture. You can't even change the settings or control the information. This app needs a lot of work.
    Hello, epiticus. I'm on the Skysearch development team. Your comments about the video playing are completely accurate. The video search is really at alpha level (that is, full of bugs), and we'll change the video art to say so. We can't promise any sort of date for the improvement. We had an internal discussion as to whether we should put that feature in, and some people at the company were actually using it to look up clips, so we figured that if it was irritating, people just wouldn't use that tab.

As for web searches, I've been using it internally for over a month and it works fine for me. If you click on any search result, it launches the BB browser and goes to that web page too. I've found it to be much faster as a user interface

I've been using the image search function to amuse my 2-year old. She says "lizard" and I find lots of lizard images, and she can scroll through them with the trackball.

As for your change the settings/control the information, we're all ears. What settings would you like to change? All the google search parameters? So far, we've only added safe search, but we can add more depending on demand.

So make a wishlist, and we'll see what we can do!

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Not working with 4.5, but that's to be expected.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

pip11 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Its a pretty good app. One issue I'm having is that on my pearl it doesn't allow for the use of suretype. Any plans to incorporate it?

Quote Originally Posted by pip11 View Post
    Its a pretty good app. One issue I'm having is that on my pearl it doesn't allow for the use of suretype. Any plans to incorporate it?
    That's strange; 3 people at the office have Pearls and have been using the app regularly. If you could PM me the OS and other version information, we can take a look.

Here is what I started with:

And here is what I got:

For some reason nothing comes up. Along with that, I noticed that if I go to an image and click on it you can zoom the image (awesome job on that part of the app by the way!). However, when I click to get out of the zoomed image and go back to the previous images it starts me over from the beginning. In other words if the picture I was looking at was the 75th picture then when I do this, I have to scroll back through 75 pictures to get to the 76th. Could you get the program to start you back where you left off? The controls I spoke of earlier were simply to save the images, maybe be able to switch to a localized search or even copy and save a link I found on a picture, web page or video clip. Still a great app just can't figure out if it's something I'm doing seeing as though you have been browsing web pages for a while with this app.

Quote Originally Posted by epiticus1 View Post

{.. snip} Along with that, I noticed that if I go to an image and click on it you can zoom the image (awesome job on that part of the app by the way!). However, when I click to get out of the zoomed image and go back to the previous images it starts me over from the beginning. In other words if the picture I was looking at was the 75th picture then when I do this, I have to scroll back through 75 pictures to get to the 76th. Could you get the program to start you back where you left off?
    We should be able to fix the "come back to same search result after image zoom" bug within a day or so (without requiring a re-download).

The major bug you reported ($TITLE, etc, instead of a search result) is a problem that happens only when Google changes their search result layout. We haven't seen that in two weeks; the app works fine on my 8800, and on our 3 Pearls. We'll keep trying. In the meantime, if you could post your OS version, that would be helpful.

We're also working on volume controls for the video search. That's about a week out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast