I remember reading a few months back that rim is working on releasing free office ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

mqasim no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20508e6b

Free office

Advertisement

I remember reading a few months back that rim is working on releasing free office type software... could someone please give me an insight on it... I want to use excel/word on my pearl.. Can someone please let me know from where I can download it from?

Thank You,

abaqueen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PMme4it

Re: Free office

Try this from your bb browser http://notifylink.notify.net/bbota.asp when you get ready to d/l there are checkboxes for all the office apps and editors for word and excel. When you open the app for the first time you will be able to enable the trial use.

When it completes you will have 3 new icons 1 for office and 2 notify icons which are used by ppl who have their email hosted and pushed to bb. So you can delete the 2 notify apps afterwards or hide them.
    AngieB
    Pin:PMme4it

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

i'm going to give that a try thanks for the info

PIN/ID
    20508e6b

I downloaded from the link you've provided... the problem im having is my carrier is not listed in the program... How long is the trial for?
    Quote Originally Posted by abaqueen
    When it completes you will have 3 new icons 1 for office and 2 notify icons which are used by ppl who have their email hosted and pushed to bb. So you can delete the 2 notify apps afterwards or hide them.
    Secondly, im on BES, is there a way I can register through my server or something?

I desperately need a free office program where I can edit and save as well

AuriemmaPhoto no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a47815

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I just d/l'ed and installed it and nothing works. All 3 links error out and the app removal list does not show them. Now how do I get them out?

OK, according to the disclaimer, I had a failed install. So i am reinstalling it as they request. My problem now is it doesn't look as though they are compatitble with the 8300. That was NOT in the disclaimer.

We will see how it goes.
    Last edited by AuriemmaPhoto; 09-04-2007 at 11:17 AM.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

This does not look like the free one in question but a trial version. If this is the eOffice product it is 199 for the registered version.

AuriemmaPhoto no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a47815

Well, after re-installing it, all is well. It wasn't what I was hoping for, so I uninstalled it. It went fine.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Kinda got my hopes up, oh well. Looks like I'll be waiting on a real free one, not trial ware.

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Well it didn't work when I downloaded it to my device so I'm going to uninstall and try it again. So its just a trial version?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Dataviz is soon to release a version of their product for the BlackBerry device. It won't be free, but it will be less expensive than eOffice. I used this when I used a Palm device, and will get it again when it becomes available for BlackBerry. You can sign up for email notifications when the software is released for sale. I think Hayden reviewed it a few days ago, as well.

Currently, it's about $89 for their high end document product, and $29 for a version that does Word and Excel files. You can have a lookie at the features in the various versions at this link:

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

yeah I tried to take it off under advanced options, and there was no option to do that, and then i tried connecting it to the desktop manager, and there was no way to take it off that way either

PIN/ID
    20508e6b

I had the same problem, I couldn't find it in applications so I reinstalled it from the above link and it then worked fine, and now I've successfully uninstalled it.

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Yeah I was going to reinstall to see if I could uninstall but what I just finished doing was going to options and then advanced then applications and then modules and deleting all the modules for that program. It worked but took quite a while to delete. I think about 20minutes in all including restarts. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~