Just wanted to let everyone know that the WebMessenger Mobile IM client has switched from ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

blime84 no está en línea Stack level 1

Free Mobile IM client - WebMessenger

Advertisement

Just wanted to let everyone know that the WebMessenger Mobile IM client has switched from a pay service to free. This is one of the best IM clients out there... before I did not really recomend it because it was on a subscription basis rather than a 1 time fee... now that it is completly free, there is nothing that competes in my opinion... When setting it up if you decide to try, make sure you check your APN settings, as I had a hell of a time trying to connect until I read the FAQ... just read this while setting it upwont let me put the url, but go to the FAQ page and add ""#login" to the end of the url once you are there and it will show the correct setup

and make sure you set the apn settings correctly for your carrier.

This is one cool IM client, supports AIM, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, and Skype(the skype support is a bit weird, you need to run some sort of desktop plugin, but otherwise it is pretty damn cool)... nothing else competes in my opinion as this is the only free client that does not have a million bugs and is not in beta mode(as jive talk was when it was free)...

The Message Alerts product is pretty cool too if you use your device for work purposes, as it lets you setup "outlook style" rules and filters on your device to be alerted of important messages and to not have to sort through tons of junk mail/spam
    ... too bad its not free either, but there is a trial at least which is full featured for 2 weeks... I will probably have my work fork out the $20 to get the full version on this as well!

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96

Re: Free Mobile IM client - WebMessenger

downloading now.
    Thanks!
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I did testing on all the IM clients a while back and before JiveTalk became available, IM+ and Webmessenger were the best IM programs available (except for Verichat which was killed by Nokia). Even with them being the best they were lacking to the point that I got continually frustrated with both of them. They dropped off the network sometimes not coming back, IMs weren't always sent/recieved, etc.

This was before the Skype inclusion so its possible Webmessenger improved their offering. Still, in a contest between JiveTalk for $30 and Webmessenger for free, Jivetalk wins by a country mile.

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610

Just downloaded this and it is so cool, very much worth it

jclif no está en línea Device Pro

I'm on a BES and everytime i try and log in it timesout saying cant connect to server what do i need to do to get this working

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3

NautcaSprt6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Anybody figure out how to turn off the Sign in Sign out notifications? Its so annoying. My phone vibrates every second.

NautcaSprt6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    After installing this, it erased all my text messages, recent calls, and my BBM conversations.
    My friend did the install and all his buddies on his AIM dissappeared.

fishlips20 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Great program - I've been looking for something like this... and the price is right.

I highly recommend this program.
    Up and Atom!!!