Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Hi, Could someone explain exactly what people would like with respect to smart keys, especially ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

saraiya no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Free HTML email viewer goes alpha

Advertisement

Hi,

Could someone explain exactly what people would like with respect to smart keys, especially in the standard BB view (as opposed to the standalone BMail view)?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by simeezee
    Just a suggestion, when I open an email without using BMail, it shows the time and date the email was sent. But when I open the email with BMail, that info was not included in the email anymore. I hope you guys can also show all the original information (received using, to, reply to, sent from and subject).
    We just added this. Thanks for the suggestion!

You can now add your own sig to outgoing email

We added the ability to specify a sig that gets added to email that you reply to or forward, and the ability to quote the original message. We also fixed a bug in outgoing email for the case where BMail is your default viewer. Here is the new description.

Hello,

Our free HTML viewer for BlackBerry email just went alpha. You can download it over the air at http://www.saraiya.com/BMail/ota.pl (OS 4.1) or at
    http://www.saraiya.com/BMail42/ota.pl (OS 4.2). Support is at bbemail@saraiya.com . It works for OS 4.1 and up, and may work for earlier versions as well.

It consists of two parts: an email viewer that is accessible from the menu inside the
    standard BlackBerry message view, and a standalone application that also uses this viewer.
    The Settings page is accessible from the menu of the standard BlackBerry message view,
    or from inside the standalone application.

New versions are pushed out often. The following is probably already obsolete.

The viewer does the following:
    1. It is an HTML viewer, not a text viewer. You can click on links (images or other) to download them, or
    find out where they would go if you clicked on them, and click on mailto: email links to send email.
    2. It is also a BlackBerry viewer, in the sense that it detects email addresses and phone
    numbers automatically, so that you can contact them or add them to your address book just
    as in your standard BlackBerry message view.
    3. You have the option to ask it to autoload images, either for all email or per email message.
    4. It has the standard email functions: reply, reply all, forward and delete.
    5. You are prompted whether you want to quote the original message in your response.
    6. You can specify a signature to be added to all of these.
    7. A menu item allows you to request that the software download all the images on the page.
    8. A menu item allows you to retrieve more (or all) of the message from
    BlackBerry's servers.
    9. It allows you to create an appointment in your calendar and optionally add the message body to the Notes field of the appointment.
    10. It allows you to control the foreground, background and link colors, and the font.
    11. The 4.2 version allows you to add your own image as a background.

The standalone application adds the following functionality:
    1. You can view all the email accounts and folders on your BlackBerry.
    2. You can organize messages by subject, by sender or none (i.e. the standard BlackBerry view).
    3. You can delete by category (subject or sender).
    4. You can view messages using the same viewer as above.

This thread has moved to

Free HTML email viewer for BlackBerry

Quote Originally Posted by saraiya

Hello,

Our free HTML viewer for BlackBerry email just went alpha. You can download it over the air at http://www.saraiya.com/BMail/ota.pl (OS 4.1) or at http://www.saraiya.com/BMail42/ota.pl (OS 4.2). Support is at bbemail@saraiya.com . It works for OS 4.1 and up, and may work for earlier versions as well.

It consists of two parts: an email viewer that is accessible from the menu inside the standard BlackBerry message view, and a standalone application that also uses this viewer.
    The Settings page is accessible from the menu of the standard BlackBerry message view, or from inside the standalone application.

1. It is an HTML viewer, not a text viewer. You can click on links (images or other) to download them, or
    find out where they would go if you clicked on them, and click on mailto: email links to send email.
    2. It is also a BlackBerry viewer, in the sense that it detects email addresses and phone numbers automatically, so that you can contact them or add them to your address book just as in your standard BlackBerry message view.
    3. You have the option to ask it to autoload images, either for all email or per email message.
    5. You are prompted whether you want to quote the original message in your response.
    7. A menu item allows you to request that the software download all the images on the page.
    BlackBerry's servers.
    9. It allows you to create an appointment in your calendar and optionally add the message body
    to the Notes field of the appointment.
    10. It allows you to control the foreground, background and link colors, and the font.
    11. You can specify it as your default viewer.
    12. The 4.2 version allows you to add your own image as a background.

2. You can organize messages by subject, by sender or none (i.e. the standard BlackBerry view).

Sorry, repeat.
    Last edited by saraiya; 08-31-2007 at 09:51 PM.

sharpie no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2517E188

The BMail software works pretty good for what it is, an alpha release, I'm looking forward to the next release...

Quote Originally Posted by sharpie
    The BMail software works pretty good for what it is, an alpha release, I'm looking forward to the next release...
    Thanks! By the way, it's now beta, and we expect it will remain beta for a while. Do you have any suggestions for improvement?

scanales no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2577A32E

I downloaded the software but it gave me the error message uncaught exception java.lang.error what went wront? My phone is a 7100g under OS 4.1. Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by scanales
    I downloaded the software but it gave me the error message uncaught exception java.lang.error what went wront? My phone is a 7100g under OS 4.1. Thank You!
    You may have downloaded the OS 4.2 version, not the OS 4.1 version. The OS4.2 version requires the FileConnection api, which it uses to locate all the images on your phone so that you can choose to use one as a background, and the 4.1 OS doesn't offer this API.

The correct link can be obtained by going to http://www.saraiya.com in your BlackBerry browser and scrolling to the bottom of the page.

nayan no está en línea Stack level 1

Free HTML Email Viewer for BB

I tried downloading for the given link but it asking for Username and PW.

Whats do I enter?

Quote Originally Posted by saraiya View Post
    This thread has moved to:

Free HTML email viewer for BlackBerry

Hello,

Our free HTML viewer for BlackBerry email just went alpha. You can download it over the air at http://www.saraiya.com/BMail/ota.pl (OS 4.1) or at http://www.saraiya.com/BMail42/ota.pl (OS 4.2). Support is at bbemail@saraiya.com . It works for OS 4.1 and up, and may work for earlier versions as well.

It consists of two parts: an email viewer that is accessible from the menu inside the standard BlackBerry message view, and a standalone application that also uses this viewer.
    The Settings page is accessible from the menu of the standard BlackBerry message view, or from inside the standalone application.

2. It is also a BlackBerry viewer, in the sense that it detects email addresses and phone numbers automatically, so that you can contact them or add them to your address book just as in your standard BlackBerry message view.
    BlackBerry's servers.
    9. It allows you to create an appointment in your calendar and optionally add the message body
    to the Notes field of the appointment.
    11. You can specify it as your default viewer.
    12. The 4.2 version allows you to add your own image as a background.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Thanks for the app. i will check it ou.

thenatten no está en línea Stack level 1
    I keep trying to download it but it keeps saying a password and username is called but it asks

Does anyone know what to do

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345