Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I am rather disappointed in this email viewer. if I get an email with a ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

kjlo5 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs down Re: Free HTML email viewer goes alpha

Advertisement

I am rather disappointed in this email viewer. if I get an email with a picture it doesn’t show it, even if I change the settings to "true." also if I use the function of "get all images" it doesn't do anything. it still just leaves links in the message to the image. Also I can't use the bleckberry shortcut keys. (3=PgUp 9=PgDn). this doesn't seem to do much of anything I want. I don't recommend this.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Free HTML email viewer goes alpha

It's alpha which means there are are still issues to be worked out before it's released to the public.

kjlo5 no está en línea Stack level 2

I thought that was what Beta was for. If they clear up all of the issues addressed above by myself and others then I think it would be a great free app. I really hope they do.

saraiya no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Re: Free HTML email viewer goes alpha

Quote Originally Posted by kjlo5
    I thought that was what Beta was for. If they clear up all of the issues addressed above by myself and others then I think it would be a great free app. I really hope they do.
    Alpha comes before beta.

Added image as background

Hi,

We have added the ability to select an image to use for your background. Note that this uses features only found in the 4.2 operating system, so please don't download this version if you are using an earlier operating system. The link is different for the link for the generic version.

The over-the-air link (i.e. in your browser) is

http://www.saraiya.com/BMail42/ota.pl

How it works: in the Settings menu item, scroll to the bottom and select an image that you want. When you choose the Save menu item, it will give you a preview of what it will look like. You need to choose the Close menu item to return to the Settings page. If it isn't what you wanted, you can change your choice and Save again in the Settings screen. You can choose "none" at any time to revert to your color choices.

We need to put a better preview in for colors and images, but this will do for now.

Thanks for your input!

Quote Originally Posted by kjlo5
    I am rather disappointed in this email viewer. if I get an email with a picture it doesn’t show it, even if I change the settings to "true." also if I use the function of "get all images" it doesn't do anything. it still just leaves links in the message to the image. Also I can't use the bleckberry shortcut keys. (3=PgUp 9=PgDn). this doesn't seem to do much of anything I want. I don't recommend this.
    Have you set your APN? The software can't connect unless you have set it.

Also, the viewer does not send referrer information, so for things like junk mail you will not get any images. We don't believe in servers tracking your receipt of junk mail, because that's how you get more junk mail.

The shortcut keys have been suggested by other people and that feature is on our list of planned features.

Added option to make default viewer

Hi,

We added the option to make BMail your default viewer. The OTA links are:

For the 4.2 OS: http://www.saraiya.com/BMail42/ota.pl

For earlier OSs: http://www.saraiya.com/BMail/ota.pl

Please note that we don't handle attachments yet, so you will need to turn this feature off and get the standard BlackBerry view to read your attachments.

We're done with this project for the weekend

seabirdone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DE5001

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysbelieve1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i don't get what the calendar feature is exactly. Can someone please explain a bit further.
    Calender feature is very handy .Can transfer email message directly to calender day set by you.

Re: Added option to make default viewer

Quote Originally Posted by saraiya
    Hi,

We added the option to make BMail your default viewer. The OTA links are:

For the 4.2 OS: http://www.saraiya.com/BMail42/ota.pl

For earlier OSs: http://www.saraiya.com/BMail/ota.pl

Please note that we don't handle attachments yet, so you will need to turn this feature off and get the standard BlackBerry view to read your attachments.

We're done with this project for the weekend
    The viewers now give you a menu item that returns you to the BlackBerry view for viewing attachments, i.e. you don't have to switch it off as the default viewer to view attachments.
    Last edited by saraiya; 08-21-2007 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by simeezee
    Just a suggestion, when I open an email without using BMail, it shows the time and date the email was sent. But when I open the email with BMail, that info was not included in the email anymore. I hope you guys can also show all the original information (received using, to, reply to, sent from and subject).
    Working on this next.

Zekialstone no está en línea Stack level 3

Sweet!

jho51e no está en línea Stack level 2

Downloaded and installed new version.

Sorry guys I need confirmation since I didnt notice this before. When I am using BMail to view the message, I am not able to delete the message. I need to go back to the list of the messages where I can delete it. Is this normal? Sorry I didnt notice before.

By the way, I dont know if it makes a difference, I have v103 on my Pearl. It has changed how it handles AIM mail and Yahoo. Before upgrading to v103, I was able to select delete from Mailbox or delete fr Handheld only. After the upgrade, no other option but Delete or Cancel. The email does not get deleted in the server so it still sits in my inbox. Woops sorry, I degress..

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Go to Messages>Options>Email Reconcilliation>Delete On. Change the option to Prompt. Click Save.

jho51e no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks for that Erica!

Quote Originally Posted by jho51e
    Downloaded and installed new version.

Sorry guys I need confirmation since I didnt notice this before. When I am using BMail to view the message, I am not able to delete the message. I need to go back to the list of the messages where I can delete it. Is this normal? Sorry I didnt notice before.
    We added a delete option inside the BMail view from the BlackBerry message view, when BMail is the default viewer. It is there already in the standalone viewer.

When BMail is not the default viewer, we haven't been able to get the delete to work yet, and we need to focus on other features. If this is important, please post and let us know.
    Last edited by saraiya; 08-22-2007 at 09:04 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast