Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by jho51e Hi Saraiya! Just thought of maybe an enhancement.. When replying, it ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

saraiya no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Free HTML email viewer for BlackBerry

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jho51e
    Hi Saraiya!

Just thought of maybe an enhancement.. When replying, it asks to quote the message or not.. When the message opens, the cursor is positioned at the bottom of the quoted message. Would it be possible to place the cursor above the quoted message, just beneath the headers?

just a thought..

:-) jhosie
    Sure, let us look into it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Hi,

We've been thinking about how to add the "mobile" to mobile email, instead of trying to make it a replica of desktop or Web email.

Now that you can put a 2GB memory card into the newer BlackBerry devices, memory is not a problem. (Data transfer can be, but we are going under the assumption that many people have unlimited data plans).

How about dowloading everything when you receive the email (including images, attachments and so forth if you choose that in your Settings) onto your card, and giving you the option of viewing your email and writing and queueing up replies while you are not connected, for example when you are on a plane or subway?

To optimize, we would need to add filters that you could specify to accept full downloading of some email (e.g. from people you know) and reject others (e.g. spam). This would be configurable.

Note that this, just like any of the other "hot" topics here and on BBForums for "new" email clients, is just a ripoff of what happened with desktops when the data connection was "thin", i.e. before broadband.

What do you think?
    Last edited by saraiya; 09-14-2007 at 08:44 PM.

m.a.t. no está en línea Stack level 2

Just started to evaluate this app and so far I'm very pleased. Thanks for making it available. One question though. I've specified a signitrue in BMail Settings but it never shows up in messages. Am I missing a step? Thanks.

markhk no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

I have downloaded the application onto my bb8800 and can see the app on my home screen but when I click on it the screen locks up for a minute or so and I can not access. The screen will release but I can get the app to work even when I try to use on my email viewer. Please advise.

Quote Originally Posted by markhk
    I have downloaded the application onto my bb8800 and can see the app on my home screen but when I click on it the screen locks up for a minute or so and I can not access. The screen will release but I can get the app to work even when I try to use on my email viewer. Please advise.
    You may have to adjust your application permissions. We use it ourselves on an 8800, both inside the standard BlackBerry view, and standalone.

Quote Originally Posted by m.a.t.
    Just started to evaluate this app and so far I'm very pleased. Thanks for making it available. One question though. I've specified a signitrue in BMail Settings but it never shows up in messages. Am I missing a step? Thanks.
    We only add the sig when you reply or forward using BMail. We can add a menu item inside the standard BlackBerry view that says "BMail send", and that will allow you to create and send a new message with the signature attached. Would that be helpful?

m.a.t. no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by saraiya
    We only add the sig when you reply or forward using BMail. We can add a menu item inside the standard BlackBerry view that says "BMail send", and that will allow you to create and send a new message with the signature attached. Would that be helpful?
    Thanks for the explanation. Yes, it would be very, very nice to have a menu item like this!

jho51e no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by saraiya
    Hi,

We've been thinking about how to add the "mobile" to mobile email, instead of trying to make it a replica of desktop or Web email.

Now that you can put a 2GB memory card into the newer BlackBerry devices, memory is not a problem. (Data transfer can be, but we are going under the assumption that many people have unlimited data plans).

How about dowloading everything when you receive the email (including images, attachments and so forth if you choose that in your Settings) onto your card, and giving you the option of viewing your email and writing and queueing up replies while you are not connected, for example when you are on a plane or subway?

To optimize, we would need to add filters that you could specify to accept full downloading of some email (e.g. from people you know) and reject others (e.g. spam). This would be configurable.

Note that this, just like any of the other "hot" topics here and on BBForums for "new" email clients, is just a ripoff of what happened with desktops when the data connection was "thin", i.e. before broadband.

What do you think?
    I guess this is like working 'offline' and when the network is available and is 'online' and the emails that are queued would be sent automatically?

I think filters would be a must in this case..
    Yes to the ability to say "yes" or "no" to downloading images and attachments in case the attachment/image not required or have been seen/read..
    Also the ability to configure up to what size of the image or attachment would be allowed to be downloaded..

my thoughts.
    jhosie

aferstilo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24194CBA

wont download for me

aferstilo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24194CBA

nvm finally got it to work wasnt putting the BM correctly

l8nightboogie no está en línea Stack level 1

Appreciate that info, making life alot easier. Well the BBerrry too.. but now i have a new tool. LOL.
    Fredner Destine

aig01 no está en línea Stack level 1

Great app, when I attempt to add a calendar event with the original email I get the following: uncaught exception: ARG_NEW not supported, using 4.1 OS BB 8703e

d8nnii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569098C

Its a great app just tried it. But I realize one thing though, any email I receive I can only see it being address to me, I can't see the "cc" field although the field is not empty. It would be great to have this feature. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb Re: Free HTML email viewer for BlackBerry

Quote Originally Posted by aig01
    Great app, when I attempt to add a calendar event with the original email I get the following: uncaught exception: ARG_NEW not supported, using 4.1 OS BB 8703e
    This is an API that is not supported in OS v4.1 (even though RIM's documentation states that it should work -- known issue). The developer would need to implement this differently in order to support OS v4.1 devices.

kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Nice!!

Works great on my curve, but the standalone version doesn't work.

I've got an unlocked AT&T Curve, Running O2 os

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast