Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Hello, Our free HTML viewer for BlackBerry email has been getting good feedback, and we ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

saraiya no está en línea Stack level 2

Free HTML email viewer for BlackBerry

Advertisement

Hello,

Our free HTML viewer for BlackBerry email has been getting good feedback, and we are now beta with this product. Google is still beta with most of their services, so we expect that it will be a long time before we declare this project out of beta.

What we have been told is that it just works.

You can download it over the air (i.e. by typing this into your BlackBerry browser) at http://www.saraiya.com/BMail/ota.pl (OS 4.1) or at http://www.saraiya.com/BMail42/ota.pl (OS 4.2).

It consists of two parts: an email viewer that is accessible from the menu inside the standard BlackBerry message view, and a standalone application that also uses this viewer.

The Settings page is accessible from the menu of the standard BlackBerry message view, or from inside the standalone application.

New versions are pushed out often. We don't announce them; we don't believe in hype.

The viewer does the following:
    1. It is an HTML viewer, not a text viewer. You can click on links (images or other) to download them, or find out where they would go if you clicked on them.
    2. It is also a BlackBerry viewer, in the sense that it detects email addresses and phone numbers automatically, so that you can contact them or add them to your address book just as in your standard BlackBerry message view.
    3. You have the option to ask it to autoload images, either for all email or per email message. This requires that your APN be set correctly.
    4. It has the standard email functions: reply, reply all, forward and delete.
    5. You are prompted whether you want to quote the original message in your response, if you choose to reply, reply all or forward.
    6. You can specify a signature to be added to all of these.
    7. A menu item allows you to request that the software download all the images on the page.
    8. A menu item allows you to retrieve more (or all) of the message from
    BlackBerry's servers.
    9. It allows you to create an appointment in your calendar and optionally add the message body to the Notes field of the appointment.
    10. It allows you to control the foreground, background and link colors, and the font.
    11. You can specify that it be your default viewer.
    12. The 4.2 version allows you to add the message as a task, in addition to the ability to add the message as a calendar event (which both versions have).
    13. The 4.2 version allows you to add your own image as a background. Note that this makes the Settings page slow, because it tries to find all eligible images on your phone. If you don't like that, use the version for 4.1. They are the same except for having the image as your background, and being able to add the message as a task.

The standalone application adds the following functionality:
    1. You can view all the email accounts and folders on your BlackBerry.
    2. You can organize messages by subject, by sender or none (i.e. the standard BlackBerry view).
    3. You can delete by category (subject or sender).
    4. You can view messages using the same viewer as above.

We hope you will like using BMail as much as we have liked creating and growing it!

Thanks.
    Last edited by saraiya; 09-03-2007 at 03:04 PM.

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

Re: Free HTML email viewer for BlackBerry

Wow thanks!. Will try it now

ultimind no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks! Works pretty well. Especially for free!

Fugubear no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D76CC1

I think I'm missing something here. I cannot download attachments. Images do not show in my emails. Have I not set this up right? Set it to show all images. Seems so far to be another text email soft. Running 4.2.1.101 BB 8700g. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

simeezee no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C1928

i can see much improvement since the earlier release. still waiting for the keypad shortcuts(1 top of page, 7 bottom of page, 3 page up, 9 page down, 4 previous msg, 6 next msg and such)

Quote Originally Posted by Fugubear
    I think I'm missing something here. I cannot download attachments. Images do not show in my emails. Have I not set this up right? Set it to show all images. Seems so far to be another text email soft. Running 4.2.1.101 BB 8700g. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    We drop you back into the BlackBerry view for attachments. We want to keep the application small, and not duplicate what BlackBerry already does. Our application is about 50KB. Check out the sizes of others -- after (as they say) they "went to the gym".

To show all images, you need to have your APN set correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by simeezee
    i can see much improvement since the earlier release. still waiting for the keypad shortcuts(1 top of page, 7 bottom of page, 3 page up, 9 page down, 4 previous msg, 6 next msg and such)
    Thanks! It's in the queue.
    Last edited by saraiya; 08-31-2007 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Automerged.

Quote Originally Posted by simeezee
    Do you mean "ALT 1" (i.e. the number 1), or the "W" key, for top of page? Just want to get that clear for ourselves!

Also, is this for the message view you get from the BlackBerry viewer, or from the standalone app?
    Last edited by saraiya; 08-31-2007 at 08:06 PM.

By popular demand, the 4.2 version now also allows you to add the message as a task (it already allowed you to add the message as a calendar event).

Zekialstone no está en línea Stack level 3

I am enjoying this program, thanks

greenberry no está en línea Stack level 2

can someone tell me how to insall the app on my BB??.. I am getting an error message downloading it through OTA

thanks
    Last edited by greenberry; 09-04-2007 at 05:03 PM.

fbriceno97 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks for the app!!...

It works just perfect!

batrad no está en línea Stack level 1

Did not work on my 8300 (AT&T)..keep getting Java errors when I try to launch the app

jayfreeman no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by batrad
    Did not work on my 8300 (AT&T)..keep getting Java errors when I try to launch the app
    Same here os4.2

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Not bad takes to long to load the message. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by greenberry
    can someone tell me how to insall the app on my BB??.. I am getting an error message downloading it through OTA

thanks
    Please try again. We just downloaded it again OTA and the download worked fine.

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast