I'm going to try it on my Pearl, and let you know. The website is ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Thumbs up I Found a Free GPS Golf Tracking App for 8800 but...

Advertisement

I'm going to try it on my Pearl, and let you know.

The website is in Italian, but the app is in English. This is a c&p:

This is a quick start guide for the GolfTraxx application for the Blackberry 8800 with
    built-in GPS receiver. There are separate quick start guides for other platforms and
    devices such as PALM, TREO, Pocket PC, Garmin Ique and Windows Mobile devices
    with internal GPS.
    If you can’t find your course in our database and have a golf cart (and a GPS), you can
    capture the GPS locations (front, middle, back of each green, pin location, and tee
    targets) for each hole within another hour and a half or so. Alternatively, you can spend
    30-40 minutes on Google Earth following our guide to mapping courses.
    GolfTraxx also offers the ability to provide distances in yards or meters, with the default
    being yards.
    Come w/ 17 page .pdf file. It is loadable w/ DM. Have Fun!

Zip file 1/4 way down the page.
    http://www.blackberryitalia.it/mod.p...op=view&id=636
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: I Found a Free GPS Golf Tracking App for 8800 but...

It loaded on the Pearl, but I get uncaught Exceptions.
    Did anyone try this w/ an 8800? thx
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

htam73 no está en línea Stack level 1

Excellent post, this will come handy. Let me try it; too bad the weather is wet most of the time now. Will be great for Spring/Summer then. Now, if only I can hit further and straighter. Oh well.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Yes, it's a nice app, wish it would work on Pearl
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

GolfTraxx no está en línea Stack level 1

GolfTraxx - Pearl

Lowrider - Let me introduce myself. I am the Chief Evangelist for GolfTraxx. I want to say HELLO to everyone and will visit here more often.

I will bring back the interest in the Pearl to the team. We currently support the 88xx, the 83xx, and many non BB devices (WMobile, PalmOS, PocketPC, etc) and just started supporting the BB as noted in the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post
    Yes, it's a nice app, wish it would work on Pearl
    For the record, we are based in the SF Bay Area and the application does have the internal code for yards/meters, and some VERY cool golf stuff like setting up how far you hit each club so the app can 'suggest' the right club, tracking GIR, eagles, birdies, pars, boagies, etc. Most of this is already in place on the other platforms (and use touch screens), and we are figuring out how to get this displayed on the BB UI.

GolfTraxx is currently FREE if you send in just one mapped course (instructions for both standard and extended mapping is on our site.) We are encouraging everyone to send in three mapped courses as this will explode our course database to over 6,000 and make our presence to the golf world spectacular. We are getting some serious traction with over 1,000 users and over 1,500 courses world wide.

We are also in the midst of a massive site overhaul, so I will apologize for its current state.

If you have ANY questions, comments or want more info - Feel free to reach out to me.
    gb
    GolfTraxx Chief Evangelist

GolfTraxx is a GPS Golf App for smart phones providing distances to green front, center and back, as well as the the reach and carry for multiple targets per hole.

While it is still wet, cloudy (or still covered in snow) - it is a great time to map your favorite courses so that when you are ready to clean up the clubs and head out for a long walk spoiled, you will have GolfTraxx ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by htam73 View Post
    Excellent post, this will come handy. Let me try it; too bad the weather is wet most of the time now. Will be great for Spring/Summer then. Now, if only I can hit further and straighter. Oh well.
    We can't help you hit it straighter or further, but at least you will know how far you wanted to hit it. = )
    gb

GolfTraxx is a GPS Golf App for smart phones providing distances to green front, center and back, as well as the the reach and carry for multiple targets per hole.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    That is great! Thx for the update, ready to play?
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

Ready to play? - I've tee'd off when the frost still was an inch thick and tee box was frozen. If given the opportunity, I will play in ANY weather. I'm more addicted to golf than I am to my phones = )

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post
    That is great! Thx for the update, ready to play?
    gb

I have an even newer (8800) update for all of you.

Many of the user profile attributes of our other phone versions are now available, including yards/meters, user email, user name, data plan type, etc. This is the first step to getting the BB version up to the level of the WM, Treo and PPC versions out there.

The URL to download: http://pdazip.com/golftraxx_blackberry.zip

The OTA versions at http://pdazip.com/blackberry/8800/golftrax.jad
    gb

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Thx 4 the update!
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

boomer467 no está en línea Stack level 1

Tried on an 8800

Getting the "Uncaught exception: Applicvation golftraxx(160) is not responding; process terminated". May need some activation of some sort, I guess

Boomer - This looks like you are trying to enter a zip code that does not have a course within it. What happens when you try the default zip code? (94583 or 94506.)

Quote Originally Posted by boomer467 View Post
    Getting the "Uncaught exception: Applicvation golftraxx(160) is not responding; process terminated". May need some activation of some sort, I guess
    gb