The easiest way to join the podcast revolution! FonPods Put away your iPod and MP3 ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

FonPods: PodCasts On Your BlackBerry

Advertisement

The easiest way to join the podcast revolution!

Put away your iPod and MP3 player, Fonpods transforms your cellphone into a mobile entertainment and information system. Fonpods is a free, on-demand service that brings podcast listening to any phone. There's nothing to buy and no computer downloads to worry about.
    • Listen to podcasts anywhere, anytime!
    • No additional purchases or equipment are needed.
    • Listen to select podcast favorites instantly -- no tedious computer downloads or software plug-ins are required.
    • Upload your own podcasts to the Fonpods catalog.
    What is podcasting?

Podcasts are multimedia files and audio programs designed for distribution over the internet. Programming choices include trusted sources like CNN, ESPN, the Wall Street Journal, Disney, and National Public Radio (NPR) . Listeners can also choose from an ever-expanding catalog of podcast features dealing with finance, religion, sports, hobbies, politics, health, comedy, and more.

Previoulsy, podcast access was limited to listening at your computer or downloading content into special devices like iPods and MP3 players. Fonpods liberates listeners by sending podcast programming directly to their phones. Content is ready as soon as a call is made -- no downloads are necessary! With Fonpods, the listening is easy.
    Join the Fonpods podcast revolution and sign up for your free Fonpods password today!

How Fōnpods works.

Fōnpods is the easiest way to enjoy listening to everything the podcast world has to offer.

Simply call our main telephone number at (712) 432-3030 to access a wide selection of podcast favorites. Regular phone calling rates apply.
    • Listen to programs immediately without wasting time downloading.
    • The service is free and there's nothing to buy.
    • It's a perfect fit for listening on the go -- all you need is your cellphone!

Fōnpods allows you to create your own personalized programming list. You can choose from just about any podcast program available.
    • When you sign up for a free Fōnpods ID we will ask for your email address and primary phone number to link to your account. Once you receive your Fōnpods ID, login to this website and save your personal program choices. Your customized list will be ready for you to listen to the next time you call.
    • If you call from a phone number other than the one you listed with Fōnpods, simply enter your Fōnpods password when prompted. Voilá! -- your personal list is queued and you are ready to listen. There is no additional cost to customize your Fōnpods experience.
    With Fōnpods, your favorite programming follows you wherever you go. It's easy, fun and free. Sign up for your Fōnpods ID today!

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get a Fonpods account?

Fonpods accounts are free and easy to setup. Visit our Sign Up page, fill out a brief form, and your account will instantly be created and you will be automatically logged in.
    How do I add podcasts to my account?

The Fonpods directory has thousands of podcast feeds available for you to choose from. If you are looking for a specific podcast our Search function will be the quickest route to your content. If you are unsure what you want you can browse our Category guide. Once you have found the podcast you want to add to your account, click the button to add the feed to your Subscriptions.
    How do I access my podcasts?

You can access your podcasts from any phone by dialing (712) 432-3030.
    Why do I need to input my phone number in my profile?

Fonpods is always looking to make access to your content more convenient. When you dial into the Fonpods service from the number listed in your profile, the Fonpods system will connect you directly to your content.
    Can I access my podcasts from a phone number that is not listed in my profile?

Absolutely. If you dial from a number that the Fonpods system does not recognize, you will be prompted to enter the phone number that is listed in your profile. After inputting this number, you will be able to access all of your content.
    How do I control my podcasts from a phone?

When you first dial into Fonpods you will be read the Channels that are listed in your Subscriptions section. Pressing any number between 1 - 9 on your phone will take you to the corresponding podcast feed.
    Once you are listening to a particular channel, you will have the following features available to you:
    • 1 -- Go to previous episode
    • 2 -- Replay episode
    • 3 -- Go to next episode
    • # -- Stop current playback
    • * -- Go to Channel list
    • 0 -- Help
    How do Subscriptions work?

When you click the next to a podcast, that podcast channel will be added to your Subscriptions page. Every night the Fonpods system will scan your channels to see if any new episodes are available. When you dial into Fonpods and select a channel, you will be presented first with all new episodes that have been created since you last accessed the channel. All old episodes will be listed after the new episodes. This ensures that you have the quickest access to the latest content at your finger tips.
    How does My Series work?

The Fonpods system also allows you to create your own channel of favorite episodes from a variety of podcast channels. To add a particular episode to your My Series channel, navigate to the episode listing and click the button. Episodes will remain in your My Series channel until you delete through your My Fonpods interface.
    What happens if I forgot my password?

Fill out the forgot password form and your login information will be emailed to you.
    The podcast I am looking for is not in the library. How do I access it?

With new podcast authors popping up every day, it is possible that your favorite podcast feed is not located in the Fonpods Directory. Simply visit the Add Podcast web page and submit the RSS or OPML feed to the Fonpods system. Depending on the number of episodes in the feed, it may take a little while for the podcast to appear in the directory. Once it appears, you can add it to your Subscriptions section or add an episode to your My Series channel at any time.
    What is tagging?

Fonpods allows you to "tag" each podcast feed with words that are relevant to you. For example, a Harry Potter fan may tag the podcast feed MuggleCast with words like:
    • Harry Potter
    • JK Rowling
    • Hermione
    • Ron
    • Dumbledore
    Each of these words is a unique way to describe the Mugglecast podcast. As users add these short descriptions to each feed all of a sudden there is a whole lot more information to describe the podcasts. Our search feature scans these tags providing improved results, which means you have a better chance of finding a podcast you will like.

Extra Bonus For TMobile MyFaves Customers!!!

When calling FonPods, it is just a call to a long distance number based in Iowa...What does this mean for TMobile customers? Simple...Add this number to your MyFaves account, and you are able to call as often and for as long as you would like!

*Note---Remember this program is in Beta Testing and it is possible that problems will arise. Please report any issues that may arise during use of this service.

RiCkGoTTi no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: FonPods: PodCasts On Your BlackBerry

jus tried this out pretty sweet

originator no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3012482A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~seems intreating I'm going to have to give this a try also.

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

So is this a totally free application or do you have to pay somewhere. I mean besides the data because I have unlimited.

Thanks in advance,

COJO 24

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by COJO 24
    So is this a totally free application or do you have to pay somewhere. I mean besides the data because I have unlimited.

Thanks in advance,

COJO 24
    To kind of answer your question I hope:

You dont have to pay for anything...

You log onto the website, create an account and add the podcasts that you want to it...

Then you simply dial the telephone number from your cell phone, house phone, wherever, and you can play them over your telephone...SO, you would actually be using minutes, but paying nothing else.

Thats where it comes in good for TMO customers with MyFaves...This is an Iowa based number, and you can register it as a number on your MyFaves account, thus you wont have to worry about going over on your minutes.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

N8DBB=the man

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

This is a really nice application. I've been using it for a few days now and I really like it. I'd like to see some other podcasts get added to the catalog in the future.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Philly, I am mobile so don't remember the exact link, however you are able to suggest podcasts to add.

Simply submit the url of the podcast and the server will attempt to add it.

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

Thanks N8. I'll go in and try that.