Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yes, this awesome MP3 player is finally out to be purchased. $19.95 at Handango or ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

cubus no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up Flipside out of beta

Advertisement

Yes, this awesome MP3 player is finally out to be purchased.
    $19.95 at Handango or go to Flipside.fm for more info and a trial version.

Enjoy!

JeffreyC no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Flipside out of beta

a couple questions... I understand the new version costs $19.95. Does anyone know the difference between the last beta version and this new version 1.0? Also, I do like the program but if people are saying that the hourglass of death is still happening, is it worth it to pay $20 for it or just keep the last beta version for free...????

[IFC]Area51 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyC View Post
    a couple questions... I understand the new version costs $19.95. Does anyone know the difference between the last beta version and this new version 1.0? Also, I do like the program but if people are saying that the hourglass of death is still happening, is it worth it to pay $20 for it or just keep the last beta version for free...????
    Well, i never got that hourglass of death you guys are refering to. I just bought the player and i think its very slick and innovative than the rest. Love the album art option and actually got it for $17 including the protection fee of $3. Good deal if you ask me. Plus i bet more upgrades will be in the works.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

I have the hour glass of death when I go to use it. Some times it works perfect and sometimes I have to close it and restart it a good few times.
    Might be just my phone as I don't remember any one else agreeing with me. Is a lovely program when I get it going.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

JeffreyC no está en línea Stack level 3

If I could just click on the icon and not get that hourglass, it would be an amazing program. This is why I'm reluctant to purchase it. I'm shelling out $20 for the same issues I'm having with the Beta. For those of you that have bought the new version 1.0, what are the changes they have made if any?

[IFC]Area51 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyC View Post
    If I could just click on the icon and not get that hourglass, it would be an amazing program. This is why I'm reluctant to purchase it. I'm shelling out $20 for the same issues I'm having with the Beta. For those of you that have bought the new version 1.0, what are the changes they have made if any?
    Well, on the first online review posted, the guy mentions the program doesn't see his .wma files but it sees my .wma files just fine. It does search for album art quicker, i shuffled all my tracks while at my office today and didn't encounter any weird activities with it. I think it's a great player and even if it's out of beta, i believe future updates will make it even better.

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3

hopefully the beta version i have installed never expires

tstrike no está en línea Stack level 3

Haemish got the outstanding issues resolved with the last beta code he dropped before he went GA/Production. The product is well worth the investment from several aspects that I can explain here:

-- Haemish and his folks put a ton of man hours into bringing this program out
    -- Flipside is probably the next best thing to having an iPod/iPhone.
    -- Flipside is extremely intutive in learning your music PROVIDED that your mp3s, mp4s, and wmas are PROPERLY tagged ID 3.1 and up tagging is supported. If you dont tag your music, Flipside does a helluva job of trying to resolve the song, album, artist, and genre for you to the best of its ability. This means that if you dont have a song properly tagged, at times you will see an hourglass for a little bit.

I am going to write up something for the Pinstack community tomorrow on how to properly download your music and MAKE SURE that its properly tagged. THEN you will see how sweet FlipSide is. About 200 of us beta tested FlipSide from the beginning. Its pretty freaking sweet and makes even the iPhone guys take another look at the Blackberry.

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5

I just purchased Flipside and love the look but I can't get it to see all of my music. It only sees a few of the tracts that I have on my pearl. Is there something that i must do to get it to see all of my music? I did tell it to refresh all music but it still only sees the same few tracts. Any ideas?

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

I'm going to buy it the weekend. I have full faith in flipside to resolve the hour glass error I'm having.
    Its just too good not to get

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

I may download the trial version. After a couple of problems I had with the last beta I don't think I want to pay for it. First of all I would like to know from those of you who purchased it if they integrated the volume and mute keys to work when the application is minimized. Also if there is any word of them fixing the headsets problem.
    ~posted via opera mini~

tstrike no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by vince1 View Post
    I'm going to buy it the weekend. I have full faith in flipside to resolve the hour glass error I'm having.
    Its just too good not to get
    Flipside kicks, but you gotta remember to PROPERLY tag your music.

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1

ok is it really worth the money when the 4.3 os is so close to relase and the media player in that is sweet. but flipside is also sweet any input on this subject

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by iron07 View Post
    ok is it really worth the money when the 4.3 os is so close to relase and the media player in that is sweet. but flipside is also sweet any input on this subject
    my thoughts exactly. I'll wait to see what 4.3 is like and then decide if I am going to purchase.

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5

Well we don't even know if 4.3 will be compatible with our 8100,(I hope that it is)but Flipside really is sweet. I had some trouble having it recognize my .wma and mp3 files. It wasn't Flipside, it was the way that I tagged my music. This is what I learned..if you are going to use a cd then the DM 4.3 will do all the work for you.Open DM and import the tracts from the cd and use the "edit tag" button and then use the "MediaID" applet and it will convert and properly tag each tract. I would suggest converting it to
    mp3 (at least thats what I did to save space on the card-thank you tstrike), and then Flipside will see them. So far I really love Flipside. If you already knew this..great. If not then I hope this helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast