I am using Verizon, BIS on a 8130. I am trying to use Gizmo 5 ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

dedtired no está en línea Stack level 2

Firewall Issue with Gizmo 5

I am using Verizon, BIS on a 8130. I am trying to use Gizmo 5 and when it attempts to sign in I get the following message:

The application gizmo has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy.

I have no idea what this means or how to fix it. The program tells me that it doesn't have access to the internet but I checked and it seems to.

Is there any way to fix this?

CybaCowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    It sounds like you have your firewall enabled...

Sometimes you can get around this by entering your service provider's access point settings (Menu-->Options-->Advanced Options-->TCP), but if this does not work and/or you want to avoid additional charges (most service providers charge you extra when using their access point), you will need to disable your firewall (Menu-->Options-->Security Options-->Firewall-->Disabled).

Note that some service providers will not allow you to disable the firewall, though your device should tell you if this is the case...

~ Posted wirelessly from my BlackBerry 8800 ( ~