Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by beeshabo teamjordan23..........what about the zoom feature on Opera, doesn't that make it ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

tj2311111 Guest

Re: Firefox for your BB. They heard you.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    teamjordan23..........what about the zoom feature on Opera, doesn't that make it hard to navigate, when I used Opera, it was hard to get an overview of the site because you were either zoomed in too close...or you're too far zoomed out to see it clearly

I understand that people have different likes and dislikes....I just don't like Opera, but that's an IMO

Nope not a problem. I just use the really small font in Opera Mini. Of course when you are zoomed out you can't make out the details of the text. But it gives me an idea of where I want to go, the page layout. Then when I zoom in I read the text if I need to see more I just move it over/down with the key shortcuts. Not a problem at all for me. Its basically the same thing for the Iphone.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Yeah I guess you're right........don't get me wrong though, the way the pages looked after opening in Opera Mini looked really cool, I just didn't like the navigating, that's all

But thanks for your input.....I'd still like Firefox though!! oooh..that'd be sweet

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

I'm ready for Firefox. Surely their offering will be good. They're aware of the what else is out there and the p-c version took off like, well, fire. Hopefully, also knowing how many BB lovers exist, they'll put together a non-iphone version that'll be better than what's out there now. I'm a Firefox lover and a believer.

rammerjammer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    wilsticu

Agree with TJ23. What I have read about Mozilla's mobile endeavors is nothing to get too excited about. I like Firefox too, but I believe they have their work cut out for them catching up with Opera.
    Yellowhammer

Yeah....Opera looked cool, and YES Firefox will have a lot of work to do inorder to out do Opera!! But like jblackfish said, Firefox TOOK OFF after launching.....

But I think they can do better......hopefully

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8

I think you can change the layout setting on Opera. Menu> Settings. Select "Mobile View".

As far as taking the stock browser off the phone... I like my stock browser. I use it most of the time but I still have Opera on my phone and use it from time to time. One reason being on the stock browser certain features of yahoo mail is not available, like Mark as unread. On Opera it is. I guess its because Opera sees it as a regular webpage and not a wap browser page. Another caveat that I have with Opera is that it seems to be slower. But I guess that's the price I have to pay to be able to see the full webpage instead of seeing it only as it was intended by wap.

I'm not saying that firefox is going to come out especially for the berry. I saw the article and thought it was worth a mention. Since firefox is open source I'm sure someone is going to take the time to develop a version for the berry. Its just a matter of time. They are in the market now.

Taking the stock browser may not be such a good idea after all... seeing as the stock browser is still used to do OTA installs.
    Last edited by kolosus; 01-28-2008 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention about the OTA installs.

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Anyone who doesn't like Opera Mini just isn't using it to it's full extent, IMHO. I use it the same way as teamjordan23, on small font and I have it on show overview. It loads so you can see the whole webpage and can hit zoom in one second wherever you want. I'm not a bb browser hater as it has it's uses also. I would be thrilled to see a new browser that had good features from both, ot at least an improvement on either of the browsers.
    Iwould also be thrilled to see a new addional browser like Firefox.
    So far, I didn't see anything in this thread anywhere that mentioned that Firefox was doing something for Blackberry besides the thread's title.

Zekialstone no está en línea Stack level 3

I am surprised when people say Opera is slow compared to the BB browser.

As I said before, I love Opera but I welcome Firefox into the mobile fray. We only benefit from competition.

I hope, hope their will be a BB specific browser from Firefox

well...I guess I wasn't using Opera Mini as well as others, but I guess I didn't care too much for it.....

But yes, A Firefox browser would be cool to try out!!
    We should write an email to the company, maybe they totally overlooked the crackberries

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

Sorry to go a little off topic. But I read a few of you say that you like FireFox way more then Internet Explorer. I have IE on my laptop and FireFox on my work computer. I really don't see why people latley are preferring FireFox. I'm just curious as to the reason why people think FireFox is so much better then IE?
    ~Lauren

tj2311111 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lauren25 View Post
    Sorry to go a little off topic. But I read a few of you say that you like FireFox way more then Internet Explorer. I have IE on my laptop and FireFox on my work computer. I really don't see why people latley are preferring FireFox. I'm just curious as to the reason why people think FireFox is so much better then IE?

Better interface, almost unlimited customization, more features, better browsing experience, not to mention other things I'm probably forgetting.. I use only Firefox on my desktop, IE doesn't even compare.

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

Hmm.. usually I am all about customizing things and trying out the latest technology. But I just don't see anything that would make me download FireFox on my laptop. I really like IE. Thanks for the response teamjordan though
    ~Lauren

tj2311111 Guest

Hmm.. usually I am all about customizing things and trying out the latest technology. But I just don't see anything that would make me download FireFox on my laptop. I really like IE. Thanks for the response teamjordan though

NP....But seriously try it out you will like it. It absolutely beats IE in every aspect.

This is my FireFox browser (setup to my specs), IE can't compare.

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8

I really don't see why people latley are preferring FireFox.
    I understand your point. Firefox is customizable but there's only so much you can do before the customizations start getting in the way...

As for me the most important thing that firefox did was kick MS's a** into action. The browser market was stagnant for a very long time once IE had licked Netscape and it was the un-challeged king of the browser market. Then along came this new browser from the ashes of Netscape and challenged IE and that got the ball rolling again. Almost no improvements had been made to IE before that, unless you count securing gaping holes.

The other thing Firefox brought into the fray? Tabbed browsing! I cant live without it. If I sit at a computer with out it. it feels so backward, its unbelievable!

Abdul Mateen no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    5C46CA32

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~is this program for the BB? And where can I get it

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast