Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Hm I purchased FindIt and when I went to the site to download it OTA ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: FindIt: Helps you Find your Lost Blackberry

Advertisement

Hm I purchased FindIt and when I went to the site to download it OTA it said the page expired. I tried e-mailing the seller and I'm still waiting for a response. Anyone else having problems with the OTA download?
    I'll let you know what happens when the seller gets back to me.

The seller was very friendly and helpful. He got back to me as soon as possible and sent me and new OTA download. Very pleased

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    Curious for other users using this, how loud is loud? My tone doesn't seem to be very loud. The vibrating on my desk seems to be louder than the tone.
    It isn't insanely loud, but you would be able to hear it if you lost it somewhere in your house. It also vibrates as it is ringing. I'm very happy with it. It's only $5 bucks so it's worth a try.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by lauren25 View Post
    It isn't insanely loud, but you would be able to hear it if you lost it somewhere in your house. It also vibrates as it is ringing. I'm very happy with it. It's only $5 bucks so it's worth a try.
    Unfortunately it isn't insanely loud. The sound of it vibrating on the desk is louder than the polyphonic tone. I have been in touch with the developer and it's different on all models. Anyone else experience this on a curve? I do have it working though.

Working on
    8310 on TMO network
    4.2.2.181 8310 OS

Luv2play01 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey guys, well I just purchased the program and downloaded it. The functionality of the program works very well but I have to agree the sound is not loud enough at all. I had my 8310 sitting on my bed and could barely hear the tone. Even with the TV off. When I tried it outside, I couldn't even hear the tone. I hope there will be some updates in the near future. The tone should be somewhat obnoxious so you can hear it from another room or in a crowded area. But mucho props for the clever idea!!!

Quote Originally Posted by flash24 View Post
    I have mine password enabled and when it locks I have a message saying "you will not unlock me so please just give me back my phone simply by calling this number (xxx)xxx-xxxx" lol
    How did you do this with the FindIt software?

colomboj no está en línea Stack level 2

I am shocked that no one has noticed that this findit is an exact copy of a demo java app on the blackberry dev website. The only change is the command to alert the phone, and the ability to pop up a message. While I no doubt that this pop up feature was not in the demo, the rest of the app is available for free if you feel like doing a little leg work. (ps. I don't mean to destroy anyones world, but you can't deny free is better than paying for it!)
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by colomboj View Post
    I am shocked that no one has noticed that this findit is an exact copy of a demo java app on the blackberry dev website. The only change is the command to alert the phone, and the ability to pop up a message. While I no doubt that this pop up feature was not in the demo, the rest of the app is available for free if you feel like doing a little leg work. (ps. I don't mean to destroy anyones world, but you can't deny free is better than paying for it!)
    Where on the blackberry dev site are you seeing this application?
    ~Lauren

I have the dev site bookmarked on my laptop so give me a second to find it on the BB here.

Well... I guess I can't post url's so I will have to explain the long way. First of all if you look in the aftermarket development forum, under software and theme dev. (all on pinstack) You will find a post called "BlackBerry Software Development for beginners." Upon reading the post you come across a link that says "Listening for email and Triggering Notification" this will link you right to the BB dev website where you can dl the code, and if your a tech savy kinda person I'm sure you can manage to edit the command that you send via email to whatever you want... assemble the code and put it on your phone and there you have it same idea as FindIt only free to those who care to put in the time to download the appropriate tools to change the code to usable file format. (all tools are available on the same dev. website.)

Last edited by colomboj; 11-26-2007 at 10:08 PM. Reason: not being able to post url's makes life harder.

I found the site you are talking about its: http://www.blackberry.com/developers...foremail.shtml.

This program isn't made to help people find their lost phones. FindIt is made specifically for that.
    ~Lauren

pballa2099 no está en línea Stack level 2

Yeah support this man he's a good guy. It is VERY loud and annoying tone. Makes finding it easy.

The demo that I refrenced is indeed designed to do the same thing. It listens for email with a specific subject. When it sees that subject line it alerts you. While I agree that the intention of that demo wasn't to find a lost phone the idea is the same, Send email... Make phone alert... I am not saying this product is worthless, or that you shouldn't support this guy. What I am saying is this product is awful similar to the demo app., and you could adapt that demo to do the same thing as this program.

Delete.
    Last edited by lauren25; 05-30-2008 at 02:45 AM.
    ~Lauren

bump.
    ~Lauren

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234