can someone please help me with the below issue? due to the time it takes ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

filters in gmail - very confusing... sorry

Advertisement

can someone please help me with the below issue?

due to the time it takes gmail to be delivered to berry with setup as pop, i just have all gmail forwarded to my berry email addy... (xxx@tmo.blackberry.net). its instantaneous delivery (pop takes a few seconds to minutes, and, as we are learning, IMAP takes an eternity)... the only problem with that is keeping everything sync'ed so i dont have to send things to myself to get them where i want them.

i currently have the tmo bis auto forward and bcc incoming messages and outgoing messages to my gmail account. the auto forward gives me in gmail what somone sends directly to my @tmo.blackberry.net addy, and the bcc allows me to have a copy of all out going messages from my @tmo.blackberry.net addy put in my gmail. i dont really care how things are organized in gmail, since i can just search for it....

herein lies the problem... when i bcc my gmail account from my @tmo address, gmail sees it as an incoming message, which then gets forwarded (through forwarding option) to my @tmo address... even though i have incoming messages from my @tmo.blackberry.net addy skip the inbox and marked as read, i still get a copy to my @tmo addy. so what happens is that the emails i send from my berry come back to my berry as new (msg sent from berry --> bcc'ed to gmail --> gmail forward back to berry). if i use a filter on the bis to keep incoming mail from gmail from being forwarded to my berry, then i lose mail forwarding to my berry all together.

can anyone help me out of this predicament?

thanks.
    Last edited by jzarowitz; 11-17-2007 at 07:52 PM.
    I'm a born again Androider

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Re: filters in gmail

See if you can set up an exclusion on your gmail account to keep anymail sent to it from your bb address coming through. I know if you filter email into folders (at least on yahoo) they won't be sent to your bb but will still be stored in your online account.

Zo

PIN/ID
    NexsOne

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek View Post
    See if you can set up an exclusion on your gmail account to keep anymail sent to it from your bb address coming through. I know if you filter email into folders (at least on yahoo) they won't be sent to your bb but will still be stored in your online account.

Zo

from my above post: "even though i have incoming messages from my @tmo.blackberry.net addy skip the inbox and marked as read, i still get a copy to my @tmo addy"

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

ok, I misread that part of your post.

Zo

One question, why don't you have your gmail addy directly dl'd by your bb? I know on my end the email is almost instantaneous from GMail.

Just went back and reread your post.

Zo

PIN/ID
    NexsOne

ok, I misread that part of your post.

Zo
    its a'ok... just looking for anything anyone can suggest... i know that using pop delivery would take care of the whole thing... but that would be too easy.

PIN/ID
    NexsOne

One question, why don't you have your gmail addy directly dl'd by your bb? I know on my end the email is almost instantaneous from GMail.

Just went back and reread your post.

Zo

i find there is inconsistency in delivery times for gmail setup as pop to my berry... sometimes its a few seconds, others its been hours. the only way i have been able to get consistent instantaneous delivery on BIS is by having msgs forwarded to the berry BIS account.