I have the new 1.6 version of facebook installed on my 8120. I am having ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

mylinuxbox no está en línea Stack level 3

Facebook photo upload problem

Advertisement

I have the new 1.6 version of facebook installed on my 8120.

I am having trouble uploading photos direct from the application and from media.

If I try to upload to 'Mobile Uploads' the photo seems to go at first but then I immediately get an error message say 'There was an error uploading this photo'.

Are there any naming issues for the files being uploaded?

Are there any issues in terms of size of photo to be uploaded?

I can get them to upload via opera and the simple uploader but that is not the best solution as opera wants to ask questions about local file access and I have hundreds of photos on my phone so that gets very annoying.

Thanks in advance guys.
    Pin - 20683AD4

If at first you do succeed, try not to look so astonished.
    Children need to feel secure, so strap them down whenever possible.

automan69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Did you try a battery pull? I had this error only once and pulling the battery solved it. Also make sure your in good coverage area. Hope this helps.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

idiedtryin no está en línea Stack level 3
    Try deleting and redownload facebook, it may help
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

I have done several battery pulls so far.

I have just deleted the application and I really wish I hadn't.

I am using a today theme that has all my appointments on the homescreen and after deleting Facebook, all my future appointments had gone. Great that an app not connected with my calendar can delete my calendar. Thankfully I use Google Calendar so a quick sync brought it all back. But if I didnt use that then I would have been stuffed.

Another issue I have noticed. Any of the photos I have tried to upload to Facebook via the app now cannot be accessed on my 8120. I can see the thumbnail of the image but cannot open the image. I just get a red x in the corner. I look at it with BBFileScout and the file is still there just cannot be viewed.

Any thoughts?

Has anyone else experienced this?
    Pin - 20683AD4

I have now deleted the app and re-installed it. I managed to upload 2 phots with it and now it gives me an error each time I try again.

It also creates a new Mobile Uploads album whenever I try to upload any.

Can admin please move this thread back to general where other facebook questions are being asked? Thanks.
    Pin - 20683AD4

DirtyPlat no está en línea Stack level 1
    yes please please please I am having the EXACT same problem. All of the other functionality works great. status updates and such. just cant upload any pics from the phone. I tried to upload to my facebook account using a buddys storm and got the same error while i uploaded pics from his phone to his account and everything went through fine. Somebody help.............I'm going crazy!!!!!

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    I have noticed that yes there seems to be a size limit and sometimes there is not it depend on your connection, and its speed, if its a super fine and large resolution pic and it takes a while to upload depending on where you are it may time out, i used to experiance this alot until i finally got wifi phone and connected at home now when at home or on 3 or 4 bars of 3g everythings works great. Ok second ? are you using the facebook app or mms to try and upload the pic is your facebook integrated?

arg sorry ok i am too tired to think, you have the 8120 which has what?
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

The 8120 is the pearl.

The problem goes on. I have noticed that if I upload a photo from the app it only fails if the 'Mobile Uploads' folder/album exists on facebook.

I have been able to rename the the original album to something else and now can upload as long as I have bolt open at the same time. This way I can upload 1 photo, then switch to bolt and delete the empty album created by the facebook app.

It does not matter about net connection. I am sat in the office on wifi and am underneath the router so no issues there.
    Pin - 20683AD4

DirtyPlat no está en línea Stack level 1
    Well I am still having the same issue but I did find a workaround. There is a free app called ITookThisOnMyPhone that you can upload pictures to. You can also link the account to your facebook account so photos that you upload will automatically upload to your facebook account. It takes a bit longer but at least it works right? Oh by the way with this app you can send videos to youtube straight from your phone as well.
    Last edited by DirtyPlat; 06-28-2009 at 11:05 PM.

irsan no está en línea Stack level 1
    No solution yet, isnt it????

Zardon no está en línea Stack level 1
    I found a solution. Goto Camera on the Blackberry, then click on Options. Then change Picture Size to Medium (1024 x 768). I was able to upload from my BB now.

AppCraZy no está en línea Stack level 1
    For further support or to answer any questions, email us at: support@iTookThisOnMyPhone.com

kelzipan no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks Zardon. This worked for me too.

--Kelly