Hi there. I have been using the Facebook for a while now with no issues. ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

tboooe no está en línea Stack level 3

FACEBOOK on ATT not working??

Advertisement

Hi there. I have been using the Facebook for a while now with no issues. I recently upgraded to the Bold and initially the Facebook app worked fine. Then since last Friday I no longer receive any notices. I checked my Facebook account and made sure the appropriate notification option was set. I have also re-installed the mobile FB app with no luck.

Anyone else having issues with FB on ATT???

ohbarnes no está en línea Stack level 2
    Did you check your notification options on FB - mine all reset to 'no' once before...
    OB - 8310 AT&T

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I am having the same issue on T-Mobile. I don't remember when it stopped but for the last few weeks or months, I have not been able to get ANY FB notifications on my 8120 except maybe 1 or 2 after a battery pull or OS upgrade.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 01-11-2009 at 07:08 PM.

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    its been working fine for me. maybe you can try clearing the cache in the program options.

Thanks for the reply everyone. I have indeed checked on the notification settings on Facebook.com and have cleared the cache on the mobile app. I am totally perplexed. It was working fine up until Thursday...though I did read somewhere that the email used to sign into your Facebook account has to match the one on your BB? I am not sure about this since I never did this before and everything still worked.

Problem solved!

Alright apparently the FB mobile app will only work if you associate the carrier email address with FB.com (i.e. yourname@att.blackberry.net). The strange thing is that I NEVER had to do this before. For the past year or so I used my yahoo address on FB.com. I dont understand why we have to use the carrier email address now. Anyway, thanks everyone.

alexgray20 no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry email address not matching with FB email address

Hi,
    On fb application for blackberry, it says that email adreses of the BB and facebook have to match to be able to get notifications etc. pushed through on touch. However, I know there is a way round this. I solved the issue a year ago. however, I updated the software, and now the problem has come back. I do not recall how I resolved it before. please can anyone advise? Thanks!

alexgray20 no está en línea Stack level 1
    How do you associate the carrier email address with FB.com (i.e. yourname@att.blackberry.net).

BkLady388 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Log on to FB and go into your account information. Click on the email section (I believe it shows as a hyperlink...) and change it there. Then when you log onto the app you'll be set.